Author Topic: Omega Trigger....Better or Worse  (Read 5435 times)

Offline viking499

Omega Trigger....Better or Worse
« on: January 31, 2010, 04:07:47 PM »
Which is better.  New style or old?

Offline Stuart

Re: Omega Trigger....Better or Worse
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 07:03:03 PM »
For me hard to say which is better.

just my observations:
the omega trigger in the 75B.
single action is much better. no camming, easier let off.
DA is longer, more gritty. takes a little more to clean up as firing pin block is in line with the trigger action, not side by side.
easier takedown
fewer small parts.

Offline Decado

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 07:00:14 PM »
I like the Omega trigger better than the standard 75b trigger, I have read about a problem that a member here had with the Omega, so long as my pistol does not have the same issues, I will be happy with it  ;D
What choo looking at self?

You want a piece of me?

Offline darwinlee

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 09:49:53 PM »
The original trigger is better.  I have a P01 and a 75B omega.  The Omega trigger is nothing but a problem.  The only advantage was cheaper manufacture, thats it.  Get the original trigger, its amazing, smooth, and awesome SA.  If its not good enough for you, send it to the custom shop for a trigger job and then the only problem you'll have is keeping your finger off it ;)

Offline Southern Forester

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 06:07:58 AM »
Seems like CZ has developed followers with both then!

Offline ilsrwy27

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 06:50:39 AM »
LOL... you guys don't help  ;D

Offline toothpick

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 07:18:40 AM »
If the Omega trigger is an improvement, why is the omega equipped 75b so much cheaper than the same pistol with the original trigger?  Just strikes me as curious. 

Offline Jmllr

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 01:43:07 PM »
If the Omega trigger is an improvement, why is the omega equipped 75b so much cheaper than the same pistol with the original trigger?  Just strikes me as curious. 

It's cheaper to manufacture, they cut down on the number of small parts.  Fewer parts means less raw materials need to be used, less machining to be done, and less parts to install.  Also, less parts to break if/when something does go wrong, along with less parts to replace should a failure occur.  They probably faced the same thing that many companies have over the past few years, needed to find a wayt o cut cost, without cutting back on quality.  I did post in another thread, a comparison between the Omega and standard systems.  Hope it helps anyone deciding on which to get.  And yes, the single action pull is better than the original trigger.     

Offline toothpick

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 02:43:24 PM »

It's cheaper to manufacture, they cut down on the number of small parts.  Fewer parts means less raw materials need to be used, less machining to be done, and less parts to install.  Also, less parts to break if/when something does go wrong, along with less parts to replace should a failure occur.  They probably faced the same thing that many companies have over the past few years, needed to find a wayt o cut cost, without cutting back on quality.  I did post in another thread, a comparison between the Omega and standard systems.  Hope it helps anyone deciding on which to get.  And yes, the single action pull is better than the original trigger.     

Yep, that makes sense.  Will look up your other thread, thanks for the clarification.

Offline wpwarren

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 01:24:33 PM »
I like my omega trigger.  I found the feel of the trigger to be enough better than the standard to make it worth the compromise of a tougher DA trigger.  I don't mind the rough heavy DA trigger as I don't intend to ever fire it that way unless something goes wrong.  I have practiced that way so I know I can still hit with it.

Offline darwinlee

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 07:34:58 PM »
I just sent my CZ 75B Omega back today.  UPS and Fed Ex will only ship a firearm next day express.  The cheapest rate I could get ws $82....  So I paid $500 for the gun, and because of its poorly engineered trigger bar spring I paid another $82 to ship it back to the factory.  All I'm saying is, it better not break again, or they better just send me a new non-omega trigger CZ-75B...

Offline toothpick

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 08:09:59 PM »
"I just sent my CZ 75B Omega back today.  UPS and Fed Ex will only ship a firearm next day express.  The cheapest rate I could get ws $82....  So I paid $500 for the gun, and because of its poorly engineered trigger bar spring I paid another $82 to ship it back to the factory.  All I'm saying is, it better not break again, or they better just send me a new non-omega trigger CZ-75B..."

If you don't mind me asking, how long after you got it did it break?  Any idea how many rounds fired?  Supposed to pick mine up off of layaway Friday, a little nervous about problem reports I'm seeing.  Not saying there are a lot of them, but they are there.

Offline viking499

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 08:22:11 PM »
$82 sounds like a lot to ship.  I have shipped some pistols through my FFl and the most I ever paid was $30.  That was shipping and insurance.

Offline darwinlee

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 12:33:04 AM »
I had less than 200rds thru the gun.  I didn't know until I posted about how expensive the shipping was that an FFL dealer could ship ground.  Still would have cost me $65, as my local dealer wanted a transfer and handling fee to ship it for me.

*just wanted to add this.  I absolutely love CZ handguns.  I now own 4 (technically 5 if you count the one my ex took when she left).  Anyway a good rule of thumb I've found to stick with when buying a CZ is this.  If you want something polymer buy a Glock...  Stick with CZ's legacy guns, the CZ 75, 85, and 97.  If they change something or come out with something new (IE the omega trigger) then let other people buy it first till it establishes itself.

To toothpick, if your gun is still on lay-away, why not talk to the dealer and see if you can get store credit and either get a standard CZ-75B.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 12:37:54 AM by darwinlee »

Offline toothpick

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 03:09:51 AM »
Yeah, I've been kind of leaning that way anyway.  Would really like a 75b, but I guess one way of looking at it is the Omega trigger makes it not the classic everyone raves about anyway.  Found a nice Witness Match I've been thinking about instead, but I'm not 100% on board with that either.  Seen lots of people rave about the Omega, seen some people like yourself have problems and absolutely hate it.  Don't much feel like potentially being part of an extended R and D or proofing process.  That said, the people I've seen with problems seem to all have been taken very good care of by CZ-USA.  In at least one case receiving back a brand-new 75b with the regular trigger and a custom trigger job.  Nothing wrong with that.  Hope you have a good experience and sorry for the long post.