Author Topic: Omega Trigger....Better or Worse  (Read 5428 times)

Offline OmegaMan

Re: Omega Trigger....Better or Worse
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2010, 11:02:46 PM »
just fyi, i got a 75b omega fairly recently, have put 700 rounds thru it and it has had zero issues.

Offline Philo_Beddoe

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 10:01:28 AM »
For me hard to say which is better.

just my observations:
the omega trigger in the 75B.
single action is much better. no camming, easier let off.
DA is longer, more gritty. takes a little more to clean up as firing pin block is in line with the trigger action, not side by side.
easier takedown
fewer small parts.

I have a couple thousand rounds thru my omega 75b and this is my experiance.  I did have a local smith do a trigger job on it however and its got a sweet trigger now.

I like the larger mag release and beavertail grip alot better too.

The only thing I dont like is the kadet kit doesnt work on it as it does my SA, which would be the only reason I get rid of it.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 02:48:41 PM by Philo_Beddoe »

Offline darwinlee

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 12:45:44 PM »
You have a couple thousand rounds thru yours, no issues?  That kinda makes me feel better.  I'm still waiting for mine to get back from CZ.  I don't know if its going to come back fixed or they are just sending me a replacement gun.  I just hope it doesn't break again, especially after the $82 it cost me just to ship it back to CZ. 

Any chance you can tell me the gunsmith who did the trigger job on your gun, and what his rate was? When mine comes back, I'm going to go to walmart and buy a few more boxes of the 115gr winchester-usa 100rd value packs so I'll have ten boxes total.  And just going to spend that weekend putting the gun thru hell.  If it doesn't break again, I'm going to find a gunsmith to put some new higher profile sights on it, do a trigger job, and get some new grips.  I was thinking about CZ custom, but if your gunsmith is cheaper and does just as good of a job, I'll mail it that way. 

I really like the frame on my Omega, and honestly as much as I hate the omega trigger and have had problems with it, I really really do want the gun to work.  I'm not trying to be a troll on the forum.  I'm just really dissappointed.  Literally heartbroke.  I didn't expect to have the problem I did with my CZ.  I really wish I could have just milled out the lower and put an SA trigger in it.  Then it would have been a dream gun.

Offline Philo_Beddoe

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 02:55:48 PM »
You have a couple thousand rounds thru yours, no issues?  That kinda makes me feel better.  I'm still waiting for mine to get back from CZ.  I don't know if its going to come back fixed or they are just sending me a replacement gun.  I just hope it doesn't break again, especially after the $82 it cost me just to ship it back to CZ. 

Any chance you can tell me the gunsmith who did the trigger job on your gun, and what his rate was? When mine comes back, I'm going to go to walmart and buy a few more boxes of the 115gr winchester-usa 100rd value packs so I'll have ten boxes total.  And just going to spend that weekend putting the gun thru hell.  If it doesn't break again, I'm going to find a gunsmith to put some new higher profile sights on it, do a trigger job, and get some new grips.  I was thinking about CZ custom, but if your gunsmith is cheaper and does just as good of a job, I'll mail it that way. 

I really like the frame on my Omega, and honestly as much as I hate the omega trigger and have had problems with it, I really really do want the gun to work.  I'm not trying to be a troll on the forum.  I'm just really dissappointed.  Literally heartbroke.  I didn't expect to have the problem I did with my CZ.  I really wish I could have just milled out the lower and put an SA trigger in it.  Then it would have been a dream gun.

Yeah I easily have put at least a couple thousand thru it as I shoot it for ipsc production and did a 500 round class with it.

Plus I have dried fired it a bleep load, the trigger has seen some use.

My advice is if you are going to have all that work done, sights, grips, trigger is to just send it back to CZ custom.  I am not sure the local smith I used even does a mail order business and the price was about the same as CZ custom, only reason I used him was to save on shipping, which wont matter to you.

If you are really unhappy with your omega why not just put it on gunbroker and buy a SP-01?

Offline Gary1911A1

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 03:24:51 AM »
I got one of the Omega CZ75 as I wanted the newer beavertail and had heard the Omega had a good trigger. I certainly didn't think so and sold the pistol at a loss.

Offline arthurstearl

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 05:41:24 PM »
Omega best 9mm I've ever shot and I shoot a lot

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 07:15:05 PM »
We have three CZ75 Compacts, two of the railed steel frame Compacts (the P01 looking compacts) and two Omega P01s (urban gray and black).

The black Omega P01 has the second best trigger of all of them.  Factory stock parts, never (yet anyway) been apart to polish any of it.  The compact that is better has a spur type hammer and standard sear and I just got lucky the spur hammer fit the original sear so well.

Oh, forgot, the railed steel frame P01 type Compact that was modified (polishing, CGW race hammer/adjustable sear and converted to SAO) has probably the best trigger of all.  I chose that one to modify because the trigger was so "ugly."  Worst trigger of any of the CZ75 Compacts we owned until I put the time and CGW parts in it to improve it.

Having said all the above, let me say it another way.  The black Omega P01 has the best stock trigger of all of them.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2018, 07:26:12 PM »
Darwinlee, why did you have to pay shipping for a warranty repair?

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2018, 08:57:10 PM »
AND, Why did it cost $82 to ship a pistol??
I haven't shipped on recently,  but it was a much lower cost to ship my Shadow and my 75B several years back. ???

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 09:39:40 PM »
I have a P01 Omega & couldn?t be happier. Had CGW perform their magic to it & it?s superb. I have roughly 1500 rds thru mine with no malfunctions what so ever.

Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline AMraider

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2018, 10:19:36 AM »
2 months ago I bought a CZ 75B Omega Convertible. So far I have about 550 rounds through it with no probs what so ever.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 11:55:38 AM by AMraider »

anything