Author Topic: WHY WE NEED OUR GUNS?  (Read 2340 times)

Offline excheck

WHY WE NEED OUR GUNS?
« on: February 04, 2010, 05:44:27 PM »
This requirement is a Small Business Set-Aside and only qualified sellers may submit quotes. NACIS code for this requirement is 332994. The RFQ opens on the date this announcement is posted and closes Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 2:00:00 PM Pacific Standard Time. Response should be emailed or mailed by the closing date to Marc.Feinberg@irs.gov or IRS, 1301 Clay Street, Suite 810S, Oakland, CA 94612. FOB Destination shall be Washington DC.

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) intends to purchase sixty Remington Model 870 Police RAMAC #24587 12 gauge pump-action shotguns for the Criminal Investigation Division. The Remington parkerized shotguns, with fourteen inch barrel, modified choke, Wilson Combat Ghost Ring rear sight and XS4 Contour Bead front sight, Knoxx Reduced Recoil Adjustable Stock, and Speedfeed ribbed black forend, are designated as the only shotguns authorized for IRS duty based on compatibility with IRS existing shotgun inventory, certified armorer and combat training and protocol, maintenance, and parts.

Submit quotes including 11% Firearms and Ammunition Excise Tax (FAET) and shipping to Washington DC.
*  To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: WHY WE NEED OUR GUNS?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 06:04:41 PM »
Sounds like some nice shotguns. Law enforcement DOES need good equipment, and honestly, just 60 shotguns for the whole country? I don't know if that will equip them in NYC, much less anywhere else. I would have been far more worried back when it was discovered BATF, (no E then), had a fleet of armed light aircraft, OV-10s from the Air Force with machineguns and rocket capability. IIRC, we made such a stick they got rid of them...maybe.
The specifics on the IRS, the amendment propping them up, and the rest of the whole taxation question I won't go into here. Suffice to say I would like to see the IRS quietly disappear, but it will not happen. As long as there are those who will kill to avoid taxes, they will have armed enforcement agents, though I believe they should work with, if not through local law enforcement.
But, that's OK, nobody listens to me, either.  ;) ;D