Author Topic: cz 82 refinish  (Read 3065 times)

Offline big 54r

cz 82 refinish
« on: March 13, 2010, 12:44:58 AM »
know that I got my CZ-82 I need to get it refinished cuz it has holster wear pretty bad.
Does anyone have a good source for refinishing these fine pistol's.
I see some nicely refinished pistol's on this site and the p64 site.
Someone who has gotten their CZ 82/83 refinished please give me a good knowledgeable source to do the refinish.
Must have a reasonable turn around also, I don't wanna wait month's and month's for the pistol to come back.

Offline NickD

Re: cz 82 refinish
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 05:55:24 AM »
For a 'quick fix" finish, try getting some high heat(barbecue paints are decent) spray paint, then spray it into a cup,and use a brush to touch up the gun.  For a pistol that will see heavy use, it's a very good alternative to a full refinish.

Offline divn4$

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 04:58:39 PM »
I have not tryed this guy but his feedback looks good as well as the pictures. I will try him when I get my next CZ 82.
Go to Gunbroker.com and put in this item # 160551396

Offline PTGT_Neon

• Efficient Mileage
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 05:22:18 PM »
Get it done in Nickel at mac's shootin irons:
http://www.shootiniron.com/

The pic I attached it the nickel finish from CCR.  But it was really expensive.  But it sure does look good!

Offline Moondo

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 01:35:23 PM »
This year's Winter Project was a CZ 82 with a brushed hard chrome frame with a black Cera Kote slide (holding off on pics until Dennis Marschalko sends my grips) I had Bob Cogan from Accurate Plating and Weaponry do the work.   

http://www.apwcogan.com/   

They have done a few projects for me, and I have been happy with every single one of them.   

anything