Author Topic: Ebay Holsters? Falco, Front Line, or Barsony?  (Read 4049 times)

Offline JPW

Ebay Holsters? Falco, Front Line, or Barsony?
« on: March 15, 2010, 12:46:27 PM »
Hello all. I just got a P-01 and am looking for a belt holster for my gun. Do any of you have a holster from Falco, Front Line, or Barsony. They seem to be reasonably priced. Any thoughts anyone?

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
Re: Ebay Holsters? Falco, Front Line, or Barsony?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 01:04:29 PM »
IMO, Unless you want a holster collection go for a good quality (read expensive) one to begin with from major suppliers. Type (leather, Kydex etc) depends on your usage. Have a Falco, Mike's, Fobus and one other in drawer before I bought an HBE IWB leather for my PCR. Have already sold or given away 3 others for the same gun. The HBE fits my PCR, 75B and my Witness 45 compact.
, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Offline wagon

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 01:04:49 AM »
+1.   After buy/sell/give away 6 different "generic" holsters away, made up my mind to go with custom holsters .. in a long run, the money wasted could have been saved.  

My PM9 is in a HBE Pro-TL, I can't be more happier.   I will start the shopping fun again when my P-01 is ready for a holster  :D

IMO, Unless you want a holster collection go for a good quality (read expensive) one to begin with from major suppliers.

Offline fatexfed2

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 11:38:12 AM »
Agree with above posters. Don't waste your time and money on Barsoney and the like unless you just want a holster as required by your range and won't be carrying. I have a SimplyRugged I am 95% happy with, but there may be others I would be happier with.

Offline Canuck44

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 12:10:22 PM »
When it comes to holsters go with the best you can afford from one of the better known brands.  I have a box full of holsters I got a "deal" on.  Buying low priced holsters is a very expensive way to go.

Take Care

Bob
There is no one more persistent than a liberal with a bad idea.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 01:03:51 PM »
You guys realize how many $$ worth of holsters we must have when combined and they are all just gathering dust. Take this forum and a very conservative estimate of at least 2 holsters not being used per person and holy smokes we could retire :-\
, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Offline Mountain Walker

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 12:23:42 AM »
El Paso Saddlery makes pancake type in an open top or thumb snap holster called the "Street Combat"  or "Tortilla".
Their products are very well made and do a good job of holding your pistol close to your body. At 68 dollars, they are reasonable
Here is link: http://www.epsaddlery.com/pc-72-20-77-tortilla-holster.aspx

Offline jk47

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 11:49:39 PM »
OK  I will be the odd man out here. I have a Barsony and I love it. I think I paid about twenty bucks or so  for it on E Bay. In my over inflated opinion, for twenty bucks there is not much that can go wrong here. the holster will fit several guns comfortably. They are nice versatile holsters to add to your collection. I bought mine a few years ago and last I saw it looks like they added another snap to accommodate more gun sizes.

If I remember correctly, the guy I spoke to had an Italian accent. You can look at that as an added bonus. HA!

Offline JPW

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 01:30:14 PM »
Well I just ordered a Barsony off EBAY for $38 bucks shipped. I will report back when I get it.

anything