Author Topic: Fiber Optic Sights  (Read 11088 times)

Offline mvelimir

Re: Fiber Optic Sights
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 10:11:43 AM »
Guys, when you filed the front sight did you file it from the bottom (to make it a little skinnier) or on the sides? I got my FO sight and I need to fit it in, but a little extra info will help.

Offline mvelimir

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 12:08:38 AM »
Well, I filled a little at the time, testing the fit and somehow managed to file too much. The front sight has a little resistance 1/2 way in but once all the way in it's a bit loose. I don't think it will come off on it's own but will definitely travel back and forth about 1/16". Any suggestions what should I do? A bit of glue or epoxy? Loctite? Thanks!

Offline TerryUSA

• P-07 Duty
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 05:13:10 AM »
Well, if it were me I would use a Gel Super Glue. The main reason is because I love the stuff! It doesn't run, sets up in 20 seconds and being gel will fill any voids. The last reason is because you can easily use a Debonder when you want to remove your sight. I have used it before on a drifting rear site and it has always held in the while shooting even on those hot summer days.

Offline mvelimir

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 06:57:12 AM »
OK. For now, I used a blue Loctite and it works OK.But if it becomes loose, I'll try this. Thanks!

anything