Author Topic: My P-07 has returned  (Read 2151 times)

Offline bullsi1911

My P-07 has returned
« on: April 14, 2010, 11:07:37 AM »
My Duty came home... well, actually, it's non-evil twin has come home to replace one with the mag issue.  I Bought the P-07 about 3 weeks ago, and of course, it had the magazine drop issue.  So, without even firing a shot, I called CZ-USA, got a return shipping label, and sent the gun back to the mothership.

A few weeks go by, I spend the time reactivating my CZForum account. Finally I get the email saying that the gun is being delivered home.  Check the serial number- yep.  New Gun.

I swap out the decocker for the safety, because that is why I got this gun.  A 17 round poly 9mm that offers Cocked and locked capability.  Plus, it is from my favorite Manufacturer- so my CZ collection has grown to 11.

Still have not fired it.  Probably won't get a chance this week, but I'll try and get pictures posted tonight. 

Initial impressions- It has the great ergonomics we all expect from CZ.  The checkering/ texture on the grip is very sharp, and the DA trigger is horrendous.  Even though I don't plan on using the DA much, it really is stunning how bad it stacks and almost stops halfway through the pull, then lets off.  I am dry firing the crap out of it to smooth it out.  The SA trigger is VERY nice.  Safety is a little stiff, but I think it will wear in.

All in all, I like it so far.  Much better than the CZ-100.  Not as good as the -75B, -97B, or -40B.  Better caliber than the -83, but not as concealable.  Much better than the RAMI .40 I had to return to the factory 3 times, and got a replacement with the same problems but not as concealable.  Still looking for the 'perfect' CCW CZ.  But this one is getting close.

Now- Holsters and magazines.  Suggestions on CCW holsters are appreciated!

Offline Falcn

Re: My P-07 has returned
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 11:18:41 AM »
I find it very concealable in my Kholster.  It's not much bigger than my CW-9 only a tad wider.  Holding 10 more rounds is why I got it, plus cocked and locked...

Offline bullsi1911

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 09:31:41 PM »
Pictures!

Offline oki-inu

• /var/log/otto
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 02:14:26 AM »
Nice pictures! Thanks!
The other Otto

Offline ming

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 06:26:17 PM »
Great Pics.  I like my P-07 more every time I look at it.  And of course fire it.  ;D

Offline bullsi1911

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 03:30:46 PM »
Took the Duty to the range at lunch and ran about 125 rounds of ammo through it.  Both 147 Grain Winchester "NATO" ammo and 115 grain Remanufactured stuff from Parabellum Research (www.pbrammo.com).  Ran without a hitch.  Easy to hit with, and got a couple of really good groups. 

It's a keeper.  My Blade-Tech UCH holster should be here today or tomorrow, then I test her with HP ammo and start carrying it.