Author Topic: Favorite holster for IPSC & USPSA Production Division  (Read 2954 times)

Offline plinker

Favorite holster for IPSC & USPSA Production Division
« on: May 28, 2010, 08:50:44 PM »
Just want to hear what you like and why, all the Pro's and Cons for a CZ Shadow. Thanks for the input!

Offline fxdrider

Re: Favorite holster for IPSC & USPSA Production Division
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 04:35:03 PM »
Blade-Tech DOH. Fits like a glove. Adjustable. Holds the gun securely but is easy to draw from. I like the Blackhawk Level I holsters and Serpa holsters, but last time I checked, they don't make one for the SP-01. Don't know of any cons.
"If you are finished, unload and show clear..."

Offline plinker

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 04:53:41 PM »
I have one on the way to me, should be here next week. I have had more than plenty of experience with race holsters, and plan on simplifying my gear. I noticed that Bladetech seems really popular in the USA, and here in Canada the more I ask around, it seems to be quite a following here as well. Do you get much finish wear from the Kydex? Thanks for replying ;D

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 08:31:50 PM »
I've only seen the Bladetech DOH, but heard Safariland made one that fits, but I can't confirm that.

All holsters cause wear, but my son's Shadow doesn't show wear yet with the Bladetech.

Offline fxdrider

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 08:40:38 AM »
Do you get much finish wear from the Kydex? Thanks for replying ;D

I've had mine for about 9 months, and I do a low to moderate amount of practice draws, etc. It's about to make it's match debut this weekend. As yet, no sign of wear on the finish of the pistol at all. But again, I don't use it everyday. Works great for me, though.
"If you are finished, unload and show clear..."

Offline Gary1911A1

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 10:17:03 AM »
Also use a Bladetech with the String Ray Attachment with little to no wear. Based on my experience quality kydex wears less than leather.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 10:52:17 AM »
Bladetechs work really well.. you will get wear on the edges after some use.

This was my heaviest use SP01. This is after about 6 months. About 5 matches a month, two practices a week and dryfire every night.

Offline plinker

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 10:48:54 AM »
Stu, that's probally one heck of alot of draws to get wear like that! Bladetech DOH should be here either Monday or Tuesday.

Offline brit84

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 06:10:06 PM »
I use a blackhawk cqc made for sig 228/229, fits the shadow with only a little drag on the gun. Holds it securley otherwise.