Author Topic: My .40 CZ TS in Parma, ID  (Read 4378 times)

Offline gose

My .40 CZ TS in Parma, ID
« on: June 16, 2010, 12:20:38 PM »

:)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 01:08:27 PM by gose »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: My .40 CZ TS in Parma, ID
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 12:44:20 PM »
Interesting, nice work. I have to say stages seem WAAAY overcomplicated to me, but I haven't shot any matches in years. Looks like you have it pretty nailed down, good job. How did you place?

Offline gose

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 01:08:58 PM »
oops, posted the wrong video...
Updated the original post with the right one :)

Offline OldCrowGunShow

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 03:27:22 PM »
Thats some thing you only get to do in video games! very nice sir!
Some times you watch the show... Some times you are the show...

Offline StevenR

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 12:23:37 AM »
LOL  Looks like fun, but I wouldn't want to have been one of the hosities.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 12:33:42 AM »
nicely done..

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 11:11:43 AM »
OK, that looks like some weird fun, but I would have to say, the sport has certainly drifted away from "practical" a LONG ways... ;D ;) I can't remember the last time I had to shoot while wearing a Swiss Seat and sliding down a Slide For Life....I suppose it could happen...

Does look interesting.  :D

Offline burley

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 11:31:49 PM »
Watching that all I could think of was  a pinata with a gun. ;D   Looks like it'd be fun, but I'd have to thak waaay to many loaded mags to be practical
LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL

Offline Road Dawg

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 01:13:07 AM »
I have to say, that's one of the more idiotic stages I've seen in a gun game.  They're really reaching waaaaaay beyond "practical" these days to attract the techno crowd that expects to be excited and visually stimulated twentyfour/seven.

I mean no offense to anyone and if such recreation is your thing there are far worse ways to spend your time, but really?

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 01:21:47 PM »
I think you hit the nail on the head, Road Dawg. Look at it as a game, not any kind of a training exercise, (unless you work for the Queen, have a license to kill, and have an old guy named Q give you all kinds of nifty gadets), and then it is just plain fun. I am slightly concerned over the safety aspects, but overall, if it's just a way to have fun, looks like quite the ride.

Offline CZ75BRocks

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 01:56:32 AM »
Armoredman:  I absolutely agree with you.  It's just fun.  It bears very little resemblance to application. If they ever come up with a course of fire where some over zeolous fan/nut job is all over you like a Gorilla on 'roids or there's heavy metal heading at you then that will be different.  AAMOF, the company I "still" (sigh) work for has a policy that certain employees are absolutely forbidden to compete in IPSC, IDPA, etc. while employed.  When I retire (sigh), perhaps in Sept. ( I know Armoredman, I know) I may take up IPSC.

Offline Road Dawg

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 07:07:12 AM »
You guys are one hundred percent right of course.  I just remember the days when an attempt was made to give these games some kind of real world relevance.  It's just kind of depressing to see how far they've strayed from their original intent. However, i don't look down my nose at anyone choosing to participate, even if it isn't my thing.  Even IDPA is staring to get some rather questionable antics thrown in.  Still, regarding the video: where else are you going to get a chance to say you've done that?  ;D

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 10:48:43 AM »
"Company"policy says no competitions? Odd, that.
Lots of competition in the Phoenix area....never get up there to shoot any, though.

Offline CZ75BRocks

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 10:56:15 AM »
  The ban on competition had to do with a bad experience that occurred with a individual (young guy-cowboy) on a "state" assignment. During debriefing he mentioned "that's the way I train for (insert letters here) competition.  You can deduce the rest.
\

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2010, 09:03:29 PM »
Oops, yes, I see the point. :)