Author Topic: P-07 DUTY SA (DIY)  (Read 10387 times)

Offline excheck

Re: P-07 DUTY SA (DIY)
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 01:32:49 PM »
I can't give you more info.  I did not convert it and I don't know what parts the gunsmith used.  Parts were created by mechanic in Czech rep.  He asked me to post on CZforum (he speaks Czech only) to find out how many P-07 owners will be interested. (BTW it will fit to P-08 DUTY also).  It is in the first post -  'SURVEY'.  For that and all your posts translated to Czech, he installed SA to my DUTY.  He still doesn't know how he will market it.  
I will be in Prague  and CZ-UB next week and I hope he will make decision and I will tell you more when I come back.    
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 08:27:10 PM by excheck »
*  To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

Offline Falcn

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 10:43:58 AM »
Cool thanks for the info.

Offline excheck

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 06:00:39 PM »
I am back and I am glad. 
We can continue with some more info from CZ-UB.   First one hundred sets SA parts should be in US by end of this year.  Three parts need to be changed: trigger, hammer, firing pin block lever, #8,11,13 in the instruction manual.
 Reset could be changed to zero if you prefer but it is not recommended.  Trigger on my gun  is not finalized.  As you see on the picture, there is missing a set screw (the top one) for adjusting the reset. The hole should be higher and the screw should  touch the frame and move the trigger back.  He decided that 6-7 mm is good enough and I don't need the screw.  The new trigger will have a set screw in little different angle and you will be able to reset  trigger to zero position (if you dare).

Next - the trigger pull 1lb 6oz?  Here is the picture how I measured the pull.

If I place roller to the middle of the trigger it shows 2lb 0oz, and on the top 2lb 8oz.
How I  measured:  I moved the trigger to the end of the trigger travel and pushed 'Ready' on the Trigger Pull Gauge than pulled.  If I begin to measure  when the roller touches the trigger it will show 2lb 12 oz.

Here you see the position of my finger using SA.  This is the beginning point - 1lb 6oz pressure on finger tip. 

and here DA/SA.

I don't know may be my fingers are crooked, but on the SA trigger I feel the finger is touching  the trigger  more naturally, the angle is different.   
On DA/SA I need to move the tip of the finger up to the middle of the trigger and I feel like I am twisting  my finger joint.  But that may be only my feeling and nobody else has the same experience.  I wish I could have all my guns with SA triggers.
I will post more news from CZUB  later in General Topic.       

*  To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

Offline Falcn

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 08:47:53 PM »
I will definitely order these parts when they become available!

Still not sure I would want less than 3 lb trigger pull though.  I'm sure we can always increase the pull if it is too light.

Offline Falcn

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 02:06:50 PM »
I E-mailed CZ-USA to see if they had a better idea on when the kits would be arriving.

Of course CZ-USA Online Sales knows nothing about this....I wonder who else we could contact at CZ to find out WHEN they expect to get these kits in and what they will cost?

Edit to add:
Have also contacted CZ-UB to find out about the availability of these kits for the US and when we can expect to see them since CZ-USA has no knowledge of the SA trigger kits.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 05:30:58 PM by Falcn »

Offline yogev

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 12:20:15 AM »
I E-mailed CZ-USA to see if they had a better idea on when the kits would be arriving.

Of course CZ-USA Online Sales knows nothing about this....I wonder who else we could contact at CZ to find out WHEN they expect to get these kits in and what they will cost?

Edit to add:
Have also contacted CZ-UB to find out about the availability of these kits for the US and when we can expect to see them since CZ-USA has no knowledge of the SA trigger kits.

i contacted our (israel) cz importer and he said he know this kit  but can't give me a date. he did say that the kit should cost around 55$

Offline Falcn

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 07:37:41 AM »
Thanks for the update from Isreal.  Glad to hear that SOME importer at least has even heard of the SA trigger kit :D  That gives me more confidence that it will come here.

I'm saddened by the lack of initiative on CZ-USAs part that they wouldn't even try to contact CZ-UB to find out about this when someone asks about it!  Maybe it is just the one sales rep that got sent my contact E-mail.  Personally I would be curious and ask around before responding "Sorry, never heard of it.  Don't know who to contact in our own company that sends us the things we sell."

Offline excheck

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 09:31:59 AM »
Falcn I am sorry that my English is not perfect.  In the post # 15 I tried to explain it.  I did not post anything about CZ-USA and  there should be UB  instead CZ-UB.  I was in Uhersky Brod  and stoped by in Ceska Zbrojovka.
I can't give you more info.  I did not convert it and I don't know what parts the gunsmith used.  Parts were created by mechanic in Czech rep.  He asked me to post on CZforum (he speaks Czech only) to find out how many P-07 owners will be interested. (BTW it will fit to P-08 DUTY also).  It is in the first post -  'SURVEY'.  For that and all your posts translated to Czech, he installed SA to my DUTY.  He still doesn't know how he will market it. 
I will be in Prague  and CZ-UB next week and I hope he will make decision and I will tell you more when I come back.   

I will point out to sentence: 'Parts were created by mechanic in Czech rep.' 
When it comes here you will be first to know. ;) 

Offline Falcn

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 11:25:34 AM »
Falcn I am sorry that my English is not perfect.  In the post # 15 I tried to explain it.  I did not post anything about CZ-USA and  there should be UB  instead CZ-UB.  I was in Uhersky Brod  and stoped by in Ceska Zbrojovka.
I can't give you more info.  I did not convert it and I don't know what parts the gunsmith used.  Parts were created by mechanic in Czech rep.  He asked me to post on CZforum (he speaks Czech only) to find out how many P-07 owners will be interested. (BTW it will fit to P-08 DUTY also).  It is in the first post -  'SURVEY'.  For that and all your posts translated to Czech, he installed SA to my DUTY.  He still doesn't know how he will market it. 
I will be in Prague  and CZ-UB next week and I hope he will make decision and I will tell you more when I come back.   

I will point out to sentence: 'Parts were created by mechanic in Czech rep.' 
When it comes here you will be first to know. ;) 

I was responding to the post you made that said parts will be coming to the US - if you meant UB then I will just buy it from them I suppose!

Quote from: excheck
We can continue with some more info from CZ-UB.   First one hundred sets SA parts should be in US by end of this year.  Three parts need to be changed: trigger, hammer, firing pin block lever, #8,11,13 in the instruction manual.

Offline Falcn

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2010, 04:41:41 PM »
Just let me know when they are available over there at the factory and I will try and order the kit from CZ-UB when it becomes available.

Thanks!

Offline Stuart

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2010, 06:02:58 PM »
looks pretty cool. I hope the parts become available in the US.

Offline excheck

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2010, 06:22:15 PM »
Yes Falcn, excellent idea.  When I find out I will  post it here.
Yes Stuart, they will be available in the US.

Offline Falcn

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 12:49:48 PM »
Yes Falcn, excellent idea.  When I find out I will  post it here.
Yes Stuart, they will be available in the US.

I am now confused again! :D  haha  I will buy them from whomever gets them first!

Offline BGC4219

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2010, 10:46:54 AM »
Question,

So you loose the DA capability totally with the conversion, or does this just change the trigger and couple parts to tighten up the slack on SA and still allow for DA operations?

Bruce
The Crew....
CZ P-07
CZ P-09
CZ SP-01 Tactical
CZ SP-01 Shadow CZC Custom two-tone
CZ Kadet kit (SP-01)

Offline excheck

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2010, 11:26:45 AM »
You will loose the DA capability.