Author Topic: Guns at Cost...  (Read 2333 times)

Offline Ross7

Guns at Cost...
« on: June 29, 2010, 12:09:32 PM »
...till July 5th. Did some price comparisons to Bud's GS online and in some cases they matched up quite well.
http://www.thegunsource.com/html/gunsatcostB.html?w=VcrQWeFxbEQ%3d

Offline rday47

Re: Guns at Cost...
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 10:49:53 AM »
Gotta watch shipping cost.

Offline bang bang

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 04:43:50 PM »
i buy mostly older guns not made anymore so those "guns at cost" doesnt mean much to me.  if i did buy NIB or new mfg guns, i would buy from my LGS since i prefer to support him and his store.  also, he doent markup his guns that much and ive got great service from him and he knows what i want so will keep an eye out for me when those older guns come in.  he also give me first choice to say no on alot of used guns that come thru the door, like my Blued Colt Python or the Springfield M2.

one customer had my LGS receive a $2k+ rifle for him last week.  its unfortunate since the LGS could have saved him some $$$ if he would have asked him what he would have charged him.   the guy thought he was getting a great deal off the web - NOT.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 04:46:45 PM by bang bang »

Offline Ross7

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 12:06:58 PM »
I'm all for supporting LGSs however mine starts at MSRP and goes up from there. With the only other (and smaller) GS in town following his lead and pawn shops being hit and miss, I've found the online dealers, and in some cases a Gun Show that comes around a couple times a year, to be my best bet when buying firearms.

That being said, since the gun-buying craze has ebbed he seems to be more open to negotiating, and my last gun purchase was from him when he came down $89 on an overpriced Beretta.

Offline eric0424

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 12:38:25 AM »
I'm all for supporting LGSs however mine starts at MSRP and goes up from there. With the only other (and smaller) GS in town following his lead and pawn shops being hit and miss, I've found the online dealers, and in some cases a Gun Show that comes around a couple times a year, to be my best bet when buying firearms.

That being said, since the gun-buying craze has ebbed he seems to be more open to negotiating, and my last gun purchase was from him when he came down $89 on an overpriced Beretta.

It's the same here, local gun stores are asking way too much for what they have new or used.  Pawn shops want more than Wal-Mart for the same rifles, even if it is used.  If local pricing was close to the on-line shops or Gun Broker I wouldn't bother with shipping something to an FFL.  I have yet to find a local shop to match the prices on-line for the same firearm.

Even with me paying FFL fees and shipping I still save over the local shops and have a much larger  selection.

anything