Author Topic: CZ TT-9  (Read 1901 times)

killer_siller

CZ TT-9
« on: July 21, 2010, 10:00:36 AM »
I just bought a CZ TT-9 off of Gunbroker.  Paid $230 for it, which isn't bad.  I had been missing my Springfield P9, that I had sold to my father for a lack of magazines.

I'm really liking the ejection-port locking on the TT-9, and availability of magazines through Tangfoglio.  I'm thinking about picking up a Witness steel frame, and seeing if the TT-9 slide and barrel will fit.

Has anyone swapped slides and barrels between the Witness polymer and steel-framed Witness?

Offline Southern Forester

Re: CZ TT-9
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 11:33:22 AM »
Yes and they don't line up properly unfortunately.  It's a shame that ADCO didn't come out with a steel-frame version.

It would be interesting to see if it works, though.

killer_siller

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 10:57:42 PM »
TT-9 came in today.

I bought it for the ejection port barrel lock.  I'm just a fan of those.  The slide-to-barrel interface is really tight.  Trigger is very heavy in double action.  If you look at the pictures you'll see that there isn't a lot of interface between the frame and the slide.  I'm surprised.

The grip feels a bit larger than on my Springfield P9C.  I think the TT-9 is considered a "large frame" version, whereas my P9C was a "small frame".  I think I'm going to go looking for another small frame, this one just doesn't fit my hand very well.

killer_siller

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 07:03:01 PM »
AND

Here's pics of it compared to a 1996 Witness with calipers: