Author Topic: Preping CZ 75B w/Ambi Safety for Crimson Trace grips (Video)  (Read 5994 times)

Offline 75Plus

• +12
Preping CZ 75B w/Ambi Safety for Crimson Trace grips (Video)
« on: August 14, 2010, 05:38:29 PM »
Here is a short video showing how easy it is to allow the use of Crimson Trace grips on the several CZ 75's that have ambi safeties. This does NOT work with the SP-01 series as they have a different type safety set-up and C-T does not have grips to fit them yet.

The video runs about a minute and a half and only shows work done to the safety. Field stripping and reassembly are not included nor is the actual installation of the grips.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clk_101/4891960406/

Here is the finished project.

Any questions?

Joe
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 04:10:37 PM by 75Plus »
“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.”
George Washington

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Offline drewhenderson13

Re: Preping CZ 75B w/Ambi Safety for Crimson Trace grips (Video)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 09:05:13 AM »
several people on the forum seem to believe the ct lasergrips will fit the sp-01 if the ambi safety is removed.

what is the difference in them that prevents the grips from fitting if the right side safety is removed?

what is the diference in the safety set up that makes it different to remove the right side safety on the sp-01?

Offline 75Plus

• +12
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 01:51:58 PM »
I don't think the bushing that replaces the right side safety on the CZ 75B .40, Compact .40, 75B SA and the Stainless models will work on the SP-01 series. The safety shaft on the SP-01 extends all the way through the frame AND the right side lever. The others have a shorter safety shaft that meets the right side lever inside the frame. The sear spring tail holds the two pieces together.

Even if I could make a bushing to replace the SP-01 lever the shaft would still require shortening so as not to interfere with the grip.

Sorry I can't be more helpful,

Joe
“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.”
George Washington

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Offline drewhenderson13

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 04:11:28 PM »
your being plenty helpful!

i have no qualms with cutting metal. do you think it would be possible to cut or grind the shaft shorter so it would work? if the shaft was cut shorter would a bushing still be necessary? where can these bushings be purchased?

i should add, i dont yet own a sp-01, i am just looking into them. im the type person that likes to learn everything i can so i can lay out a plan before i buy anything. im wanting to get a sp-01, put lasergrips on it (after doing the necessary modifications), put a light on the rail, put night sights on it (maybe high ones for silencer use), put an extended and threaded barrel in it (or get the factory one exended), get a 9mm silencer for it, and maybe a trigger job (depending on how i like it as is).

im trying to decide which model i want to get and if it is possible to do the things i want. right now i think i want the sp-01 with the manual safety. thanks for any help you give me!

Offline rmurga

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 11:52:52 PM »
Where can I purchase the bushing. I just bought a CZ 75B stainless and Crimson Trace Laser grips. I don't really want to grind down the right side safety if I don't have to. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Offline 75Plus

• +12
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 10:17:36 AM »
Help is on the way!!

Joe
George Washington

Offline Z7Bowhunter4Life

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 01:50:12 PM »
Help is on the way!!

Joe

Any word on where to obtain this bushing?  I'm anxious to get the CT grips but I'm trying to avoid having to send off the pistol to have it removed.

Offline 75Plus

• +12
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 04:00:59 PM »
The bushing is available. Just send me a PM or email and I will fill you in. Here is a thread in the Classifieds with all the information.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=32775.0

Joe
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:05:43 PM by 75Plus »
George Washington

Offline Z7Bowhunter4Life

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 01:12:43 PM »
The bushing is available. Just send me a PM or email and I will fill you in. Here is a thread in the Classifieds with all the information.

Joe

The bushing came in the mail yesterday.  It fits and looks great.  I can't thank you enough.  CZ Custom quoted me $60 to remove the safety, plus I would have had shipping costs on top of that. 

Offline cz75sg

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 11:22:22 PM »
Looks like I'm late to the party.   Are these still available?

Offline cz75sg

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2018, 08:35:41 PM »
So I traded some email with 75Plus and he is not making the bushings anymore.   Please keep him, his health, and his family in your prayers.

I purchased another RHS safety from CZ-USA, and because of the different variations I provided them with the SN of my CZ75B to make sure I get the correct part.   After test fitting I will cut it down so I can fit my laser grips. I will post pics and video when I complete.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2018, 12:33:58 AM »
Looks like I'm late to the party.   Are these still available?

CT quit making their grips for CZs a few years ago.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline cz75sg

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2018, 09:48:56 AM »
they did stop making them but I located a New in Box set.

Offline st.attila

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2020, 07:45:59 AM »

Joe

I can't PM yet (or anymore) until I get 25 posts according to one of the moderators.

I need one of these to use my recently acquired Crimson Trace Lasergrips.  This would be a great Christmas gift to buy myself.  :D