Author Topic: Main spring plug pin too long?  (Read 843 times)

Offline Impureclient

Main spring plug pin too long?
« on: August 21, 2010, 03:53:37 PM »
Are there any other pins on the 75 that are almost the same size as the main spring plug pin(part #23)?  I took my 75 apart to polish the insides and later noticed
that my factory grips are slightly being pushed out from that pin protruding on both sides.  It may have been already like that but I cant find a closeup of the
bottom of a 75 with the magazine out.  I figured I mixed that pin and another up on assembly.  It looks like the pin needs to be shaved down about a millimeter so
it doesn't push the rubber out. 

Offline 75Plus

• +12
Re: Main spring plug pin too long?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 05:09:54 PM »
The only other pin of that type (solid) that size is the one the hammer pivots on. I would think they were both the same length but maybe not. The pin at the top of the mag brake is solid but smaller.

Joe
“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.”
George Washington

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Offline eric0424

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 07:26:10 PM »
That pin should not be holding the grips out.  It may have been pin #13 (sear pin) that's close to the same size as #23, but I don't have mine apart to measure them.  I do believe I made the same error some time ago when assembling my stainless 75B. 

Offline Impureclient

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 10:05:17 PM »
That must be it the #13 sear pin.  In the diagram, the pin the hammer pivots, #18, has one larger end. 
The hammer pin is what I thought it was originally before I seen the diagram. It had to be the hardest place.
I think I'll just leave it for now and change it when I put in the new hammer and spring.