Author Topic: Witness Elite Match holster, lost the post... Help!  (Read 4537 times)

Offline DarkRose

Witness Elite Match holster, lost the post... Help!
« on: September 05, 2010, 09:25:49 PM »
   I could swear that I saw a post somewhere where the poster said they had one of the Witness Elite Matches with the rail, and got a Bladetech holster for it from Henning. The Bladetech website only lists a holster for the Elite Match W/O rail... I can't find the post now, and PM'd the wrong person. Did anyone else see the post, or know if there's a Bladetech holster out there to fit the Elite Match with rail? Kydex, leather, molded nylon/cordura, doesn't matter, something has to be better than this cheapie universal I picked up...
   I e-mailed Blade Tech but never got a reply...
   Right now I guess I'm looking to try to Bianchi size 15 Accumold if I can find somewhere that has it in stock to test fit...

Thanks!

Offline JJH

Re: Witness Elite Match holster, lost the post... Help!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 09:34:29 PM »
BladeTech seems to be horrible about responding to inquiries.  Email Ron over at UnHolstered.com and have him order you one from BT.  I picked one thru him a couple months ago.  Good guy to work with.

Offline DarkRose

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 10:01:20 PM »
Right on, see at least 2 holsters that list Witness Elite Match (one of them being the Stingray I was looking at) but they don't specify rail or not, shooting him an e-mail right now.

Offline meskes

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 11:52:10 PM »
   I could swear that I saw a post somewhere where the poster said they had one of the Witness Elite Matches with the rail, and got a Bladetech holster for it from Henning. The Bladetech website only lists a holster for the Elite Match W/O rail... I can't find the post now, and PM'd the wrong person. Did anyone else see the post, or know if there's a Bladetech holster out there to fit the Elite Match with rail? Kydex, leather, molded nylon/cordura, doesn't matter, something has to be better than this cheapie universal I picked up...
   I e-mailed Blade Tech but never got a reply...
   Right now I guess I'm looking to try to Bianchi size 15 Accumold if I can find somewhere that has it in stock to test fit...

Thanks!

Honestly, with the way the rail is designed, I doubt it wouldn't fit. The rails on the witness really are designed in such a way as to where, imo trying to find a completely seperate holster is kinda moot.
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." -- Late Sen. Larry McDonald

Offline DarkRose

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 09:06:27 AM »
Well from what I can see just from looking at images of the old style versus mine, it just appears that it would be wider at the bottom of the frame in front of the trigger guard. And a more precisely molded holster might have problems, so just trying to ask/research before I buy.

Offline JJH

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 11:56:38 AM »
With one of the older Kydex holsters designed for the rail-less witness you could probably make  a new model fit with some time and a heat gun but why spend that much then have to plug more time into it? The BT for Witness with rail fits like a glove.  And I'm not sure because I didn't look, but Unholstered had a pretty nice discount going on.

Offline DarkRose

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 09:52:03 PM »
Well I didn't see that it specified with rail, and want to be sure. Here's what I'm worried about (with images).
Old

Notice the frame ends about the same location the slide muzzle end serrations begin, and how deep the frame is in front of the triggerguard.

New

The frame appears 1/2" or better longer, and probably 1/4" deeper.

The ones sold on Blade Techs website specifically say Elite Match w/o rail.
The ones at unholstered.com don't specify....
Henning's website says.... wow.... it's been updated in the last two days, it now has a listing for "with rail"
http://www.henningshootsguns.com/shop/holsters.html

Guess I just needed to keep checking back...

Offline mm6mm6mm6

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 05:26:05 PM »
I got a Bladetech from Henning for my Match with the rail.  It fits wonderfully.  No way in heck will a new railed Witness fit in any type of form fitting holster previously made for a non-railed gun.  The rail is huge.  It is wide and long. 

As a note, the Bladetech only fits my Witness Match with its original Match slide.  I put my 9mm conversion on the railed Match frame (which works just fine) but now the gun will not fit in my Bladetech holster.  The front of the slides are different between the longer Match slide and the shorter standard Witness slide. 

Not a big deal if you're not switching slides around.  I was planning to shoot my Match with my older 9mm upper conversion with my new holster, but it won't fit.

Offline DarkRose

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 07:22:10 PM »
Yeah, just ordered a BladeTech for the Elite Match with rail today from Unholstered, they've got the Stingrays 25% off right now.
Glad to know it fits though!
If you get the long slide conversion it should still fit, correct?

Offline houlster

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 02:03:10 PM »
Yeah, just ordered a BladeTech for the Elite Match with rail today from Unholstered

Looking at their UCH holster...
http://www.unholstered.com/blade-tech-ultimate-concealment-holster.html

Under Weapon Code, they list "(+$10.00) EAA Witness 40 cal".

What possible reason could there be for a $10 up-charge if you happen to have a 40 cal?  The pistols are all identical externally.

--Dan

Edit:  Never mind.  I'm pretty sure it's a typo and the +$10 goes with the Desert Eagle 50 cal holster right above it...
        I'm guessing "40 Cal" is referring to the current large frame models & "9mm" is maybe the older small frame 9mm???
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 02:22:36 PM by houlster »

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 02:54:26 PM »
I did not realize how different the railed and non railed were. This is a good thread thanks a lot for all the info on it!

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline DarkRose

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 10:21:05 PM »
Yeah, just ordered a BladeTech for the Elite Match with rail today from Unholstered

Looking at their UCH holster...
http://www.unholstered.com/blade-tech-ultimate-concealment-holster.html

Under Weapon Code, they list "(+$10.00) EAA Witness 40 cal".

What possible reason could there be for a $10 up-charge if you happen to have a 40 cal?  The pistols are all identical externally.

--Dan

Edit:  Never mind.  I'm pretty sure it's a typo and the +$10 goes with the Desert Eagle 50 cal holster right above it...
        I'm guessing "40 Cal" is referring to the current large frame models & "9mm" is maybe the older small frame 9mm???

Yeah, I saw that also, and checked a couple other model holsters' menus and it appears that the +$10 does go with the Desert Eagle right above it.

Offline DarkRose

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 10:23:35 PM »
I did not realize how different the railed and non railed were. This is a good thread thanks a lot for all the info on it!

RCG

I also didn't realize that the frame was longer on the rail version until I started comparing images back and forth... I knew it was slightly deeper, but pretty obvious comparing images directly that it's longer as well. I'd still prefer one without the rail, and I doubt I'll ever use the rail on mine. For a defensive/carry gun I'll be getting a smaller one, possibly a Witness Compact, Stoeger Cougar, or Ruger SR9, the Match is too large to comfortably conceal, fairly heavy gun too, but its fits me well.

anything