Author Topic: Grips for large frame (.45) Witness and Jericho  (Read 2327 times)

Offline TTro33

Grips for large frame (.45) Witness and Jericho
« on: October 02, 2010, 02:43:24 PM »
I recently purchased a full size Jericho 941 in .45. I researched and found that they share a frame with the large size Tanfoglio Witness.  Of course I would love to put on some Nills on the Jericho like on my sp-01 but alas they are not an option for this pistol.
 I know of the hogue stretching trick and the checkered walnut available on the EAA website but aside from this where can or can I find any other options for this fine clone of a CZ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: Grips for large frame (.45) Witness and Jericho
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 03:05:16 PM »
Welcome to the Clone Side of CZForums and Congratulations on your Jericho 941 .45!

The Backstrap Shape of your Pistol is a bit different than that of the EAA Witness, so Grips are typically not compatible between the two lines.  Were I you, I would look for grips made for Jericho 941/MRI Baby Eagle Series handguns.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

Offline TTro33

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 08:18:25 PM »
Yeah I looked at an enlarged pic of a witness and they clearly won't be compatable, to hell with that bit of advice.
So anyway now it seems I have no other option except to modify a hogue, as I havn't seen a single set of grips for this pistol.  Any direction would still be greatly appreciated because these stock grips have to go.

Offline Southern Forester

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 09:43:47 PM »
Check out ebay for grips.

Offline detroiter

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 12:19:14 AM »
I have gotten a pair of AR24 grips to fit on my large frame, compact, .45. Took alot of shaving to the backside of the grip with a sanding drum on a dremel. I could be wrong but the Jericho screw holes are down lower on the grips than the Witness aren't they?

I know another member on here managed to get some CZ97 grips on his Witness large frame .45 but it took alot of modifying also. They were wood and looked very nice though.

anything