Author Topic: EAA Witness P Carry  (Read 3411 times)

Offline toothpick

EAA Witness P Carry
« on: November 06, 2010, 01:24:54 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with this model?  Specifically what can you tell me about the sights, night sights or no?  If not, who is a good place to get night sights put on given the solid fixed front sight?  The EAA website only describes them as low profile.  Thanks.

Offline bltmonty

Re: EAA Witness P Carry
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 09:52:39 PM »
I have the P-carry in 10mm. I give it mixed reviews.  I chose it instead of the glock 29 but eventually went and bought the glock too. I can deal with the awkward, blocky feel, but it's reliable.  The EAA polymer frame flexes a lot with the 10mm, so I had to buy new roll pins and replace the trigger pin because it kept coming loose after 20 or so shots.  I did not like the full size frame, so I bought a used, small polymer frame, which had the same flex problems--lucky I had extra roll pins.  The magazines are a problem.  At first, rounds would porpoise out, meaning one round would slip up and out and the second round would be chambered and the first round would fall to ground.  i had to pinch the lips of the magazines closer together, and it now works fine.  the small frame works great--12 rounds and about the size of a compact glock.  I love the bull barrel and lockup.  the original fixed sights shot way too low, almost 4 inches at 15 years, so I called EAA and they traded my fixed sight for an adjustable sight.  It works great.  It's not my everyday carry, but it is now, after much, much work, very reliable; it fits my hand much better than the glock, but it's not as accurate for me as the glock 29.

Offline toothpick

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 10:36:58 AM »
Thanks for the reply, sounds like a lot of hassle.  Is the shortened barrel at all helpful for carry, if you so chose?  Seems to me the frame is still pretty large.

Offline silver2ks4

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 12:37:49 PM »
i have the P carry in 45 and i love it for what i bought it for. i wanted a 45 with capacity that wasn't a 1911 a really fat glock or a taurus with a crappy trigger to be a zombie slayer watermelon/pumkin destroyer with night stand duty. i have put around 450 rds down range with it with about 5 FTFs out of the mag that came with it wich is the newer style T stamped mag with red follower. that magazine has a tendency to bind up with more then 8 rounds in it wich caused nose up jams. I purchased 2 older style mec gars that i found at a gun show after doing some research and found that they worked better then the T stamped mags. since the new mag purchase i have run the last 150 rounds with no problems. these mags do not drop free as they are slightly wider then the factory mag. to me its not a big deal. the double action trigger on this gun is very long and stiff id say 8 to 10 lbs of pull with the single action being short and crisp at about 4-5lbs. i have carried it IWB a few times the grip is hard to conceal and the serrations on the slide are a little sharp the magazine baseplate isnt very comfortable either. accuracy is great when i do my part. the grip is great it fits my hand perfect i think even though its a double stack 45 its a little thinner then my glock 19. that said i carry my glock its a tiny bit smaller but more comfortable to carry. the witness is about the same size as the g19 and is a little bit heavier. i have run several types of ammo through it wolf WWB and reloads for round nose and federal HS hollow points. as far as range time goes i can only manage 100 rounds in a session before it wheres my hand out it has pretty snappy recoil but it is a really light framed 45 so i expected it too. with that said even though it wears me out i love shooting it over my glock. the factory mag is really the only major problem ive had with it. it breaks down easy and cleans up easy. Overall i love this gun and am glad i took the risk on it. i couldnt find any info about it except one gunzine article and a few picture threads. I love working kinks out of my toys so none of the issues ive talked about to me are problems just part of the experience. sorry for the long post but just wnated to give my full experience with this weapon

anything