Author Topic: imi baby eagle  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Hillbilly1

imi baby eagle
« on: November 26, 2010, 09:58:13 PM »
Seen a used one today shot very little in 98% shape. Tell me what you think about this gun and what it would be worth.Im thinking about buying. have only owned czs never a clone.Thanks AL

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: imi baby eagle
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 02:03:43 AM »
Caliber?

The Baby Eagle and Jericho Pistols are generally very well made, accurate, and reliable.

The IMI Pistol Barrels will have Polygonal Rifling, which must be kept very clean if you intend to use Cast Bullets.  Jacketed Bullet Ammo, no issues.

Visit Gunbroker.com and see where used price levels are at.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline eric0424

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 06:06:57 PM »
Seen a used one today shot very little in 98% shape. Tell me what you think about this gun and what it would be worth.Im thinking about buying. have only owned czs never a clone.Thanks AL

Of all the CZ clones being made the Baby Eagle is at the top of a very short list that I would consider owning.  I like the design, it's available in 45, it's unique without being ugly or too flashy, more durable than some other clones and if Magnum Research is going to import them again in 2011 it may be on my list sooner than I thought.  It doesn't say if the 2011 Baby Eagle II is still the same as the Jericho imported before though.  If it's a different pistol I'll have to wait and see what it is and how it rates.

The few people I've spoken to who actually own the Baby Eagles really liked them and had no complaints that I can remember.

I would like to find one in 45ACP with the 4.52" barrel, but Magnum Research only lists the 45 in 3.93".  Not sure if the 4.52' barrel 45APC I saw was a typo or if there is a long barreled 45 out there. 

Offline Southern Forester

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 08:47:49 PM »
I have never seen the longer barrel in 45.  They are all semi-compact pistols, or compact (the same slide either on a full-size frame or a compact frame).  Interestingly enough, the pistols are still Tanfoglios that are assembled and finished in Israel (though to a unique specification as opposed to the BUL pistols, also of Israel but made from standard Tanfoglio Force parts).  Indeed, the original Jerichos were fundamentally TA-90's - similar in comparison to the Dodge Nitro and the Jeep Liberty.

I own a frame-mounted 9mm Jericho that I like very much.

The current Baby Eagle's, though, are evolved Walther P99's.

Offline Prom93

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 10:54:56 PM »
I really like the jerico, i was issue one for my tour in Haiti, it never fail ,always send the message.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 09:16:28 PM by Prom93 »

Offline LuckyGunner

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 04:22:02 PM »
I have a 3.93" 9mm Baby Eagle.  I like it so much that when I saw a used one at the local shop I picked it up.  They are the same size but one has a rail and the other doesn't.  I've found it to be my favorite shooter.  The extra weight in the frame helps curb any recoil.  There is definitly a marked difference between a Jericho and a polymer framed pistol.

The draw back is that magazines are harder to come by.  The weight makes it a poor choice for a carry pistol.  I do use mine as a nightstand gun, but only carry it when I have a heavy jacket on.  Used prices around here are 350-400.  YMMV.

Offline armed hiker

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 11:42:36 PM »
I own a early baby eagle .45.
 Nice gun I did have a few problems getting used to it at first FTE. I blame them on me, maybe limp wristing? I have not had any issues for a long time.

The .45 is just different enough so there is little aftermarket support for them, too bad I like it a lot. I also own a smith 1911sc and it sits in the safe, has a better trigger but that's about it.