Author Topic: CZ 75BD Decocker? How does it work?  (Read 5047 times)

Offline ukntcme

CZ 75BD Decocker? How does it work?
« on: November 29, 2010, 01:04:48 PM »
I just picked this gun up used the other day and have yet to fire it.  How does the decocker work?  I pulled down on the lever (gun unloaded) and it dropped the hammer down but not all the way.  Now when loaded and I pull the trigger in this position will the gun fire? 

Wally

Offline E.Shell

Re: CZ 75BD Decocker? How does it work?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 01:13:36 PM »
The decocker is working for you. It is supposed to bring the hammer to half cock.

At that time, you may fire double-action (DA) by simply pulling the trigger. It will also fire DA if the hammer is all the way down, but the pull is substantially harder as it gets started.

For defensive CCW & OC, I carry my decocker CZs (PCR/P-01/SP-01) chamber loaded with the hammer at half-cock. This give me a point and click interface with no possibility that I might pull the trigger and not fire the shot.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

http://www.CentralVirginiaTactical.com/; Long Range Precision

Offline Johnnie F.

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 01:14:37 AM »
What you want to do is rack the slide to put a round in the chamber and then press the decocker. Now the gun is charged and ready to fire, you're all set to safely carry or to have your weapon at standby. Your trigger is at half cock, the next time you push the bang button your gun will fire.

I really like the BD for the decocker feature. I'm comfortable carrying any of my 1911's in Condition One but my guns with decockers feel just a little bit more foolproof to me. And I have one 1911 with a thumb safety that is very easy to disengage. You can brush it with your fingers and it will pop off leaving the gun in Condition Zero. Not the best thing to have happen. Not a problem with the BD, however.

And that decocker on the BD Police isn't the only thing to like. There are five other additional features that the plain BD does not have on it.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 01:16:12 AM by Johnnie F. »
Johnnie F. - recovering Statist
----------------------------------------------
Have you read TheTruthAboutGuns.com today?

Offline e178058

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 11:40:03 AM »
What are the other five additional features?

Offline echohal

• vroom vroom
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 08:58:51 PM »
wait.... wut?
CZ75BD // CZ75 P-01 (ct grips, fiber optic front post) // Kadet Kit