Author Topic: Finest Combat Handgun I Own  (Read 3030 times)

Offline SEE ZEE

Finest Combat Handgun I Own
« on: February 27, 2002, 06:10:50 PM »
This is finest 9mm I own,  my H&K p9s has taken a backseat to this weapon.  Bought this gun in Nov. of 01 and to date 5700 rounds through it and not one burp.  Does anyone know if the trigger on these guns have a little more attention paid to them at the factory than its older brother the 75 or is it just the absence of a firing pin block.  also forgot to add that the addition of the kadet adaptor has also made this my favorite gun.  If anyone owns a 22 kadet and has stovepipe problems a fellow named mapdude in kadet section has excellent instructions on solving this problem.  It's made mine 100% reliable.

shulaco

Finest Combat Handgun I Own
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2002, 06:36:30 PM »
The 85C was intended as an entry level competition gun, it wouldnt surprise me if they took back the sear a little bit so that it would break cleanly.  You dont have the fire pin block, however the FPB doesnt account for the trigger pull problem in the 75Bs.  The 75Bs have a longer pull length in single action mode than the pre-bs did.  That makes the Bs safer, however this could have been a byproduct of adding the FPB <maybe they wanted to make sure that the FPB was disengaged completely before dropping the hammer>
The FPB mechanism will be rough at first, but will smooth its self out after a good 1000 trigger pulls.  Hope that info helps.
- Dustin

anything