Author Topic: Fratelli Tanfoglio TA90 questions  (Read 11008 times)

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

Fratelli Tanfoglio TA90 questions
« on: December 05, 2010, 04:28:09 PM »
i've owned mine since the mid 90's. Bought it slightly used, and did not get the manual with it. I'm curious to know the production year/rareity of it as I've never seen a pic of one exactly like mine. The serial number starts with G29. I belive that would help me in finding/naming the part I need for it. I know EXCAM is no longer around so they are of no help. Emailing Tanfoglio is a waste of time, they never get back to you. At least NOT ME. I think the part is called a sear housing pin but I'm not sure. I'm going to attemp to post some pics, but photobucket changed formats again! So bear with me. AND Thanks in advance for your help!

BTW What would cause that pin to break? It has not had a bazillion rounds through it. My buddy thinks metal fatigue but.....??

« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 04:32:35 PM by BIGSHCLUNK »
AARP - Armed and really pissed!

Offline Rowe-75

Re: Fratelli Tanfoglio TA90 questions
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 05:33:04 PM »
As far as I know, the Fratelli Tanfoglio TA90 is very similar to the Tanfoglio Witness, just a different stamp/importer and the slide mounted safety, made by Tanfoglio of Italy.  Correct me if I am wrong guys. Here is a exploded view of what I believe is your pistol Link and I think the part you need is a Sear Housing Pin.

Here is the Fratelli Tanfoglio website directed to the pin you need but it says it is not available for the U.S. market. You may have to have someone manufacture the pin for you...

-Jeremy
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 06:31:08 PM by Rowe-75 »
75b 9mm Para
2075 Rami .40
P06 .40
VZ2008 7.62x39

Offline Rowe-75

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 05:37:24 PM »
You sir are in luck! I found TA-90 parts (hope they are for your pistol, call first to make sure). You had better stock up on other parts while you can, may be hard to find in a few more years.

parts

-Jeremy
75b 9mm Para
2075 Rami .40
P06 .40
VZ2008 7.62x39

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 07:28:12 PM »
 sir...  wow I'm not used to this kind of respect from the other forums I belong to! Thank You  ;D

Seriously tho.. Jeremy, thanks for the link!!!! I'll give them a call on monday and see what they say!!! 

Offline Ross7

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 07:55:38 PM »
Good on ya Jeremy... you get some serious Good-Guy Points for that. ;D

And just in time for Christmas... ;)

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 09:13:19 PM »
Welcome to the Clone Side of CZ Forum!

Have never seen that particular part break before on any Tanfoglio Pistol.  Will note it for future reference.

Very nice TA90!  Same as my full size Series 88 TA90, which is in the same G29XXX serial number range.

Series 88 TA90's, Full Size and Compact
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 09:47:52 PM »
Nice pieces for sure! With that serial # what year of manufacure would that be??
Thanks
BIGS
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 09:53:47 PM by BIGSHCLUNK »

Offline Rowe-75

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 09:57:56 PM »
Good on ya Jeremy... you get some serious Good-Guy Points for that. ;D

And just in time for Christmas... ;)

LOL Ross, I have gotten so much great information from the guys and gals here I feel obligated to help others when I can! That's what makes CZForum the best forum on the World Wide Web! If everyone helps when they can we will always have answers to everyone's problems  ;)

-Jeremy
75b 9mm Para
2075 Rami .40
P06 .40
VZ2008 7.62x39

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 09:03:35 PM »
Well I got the pin ordered up today. Sounds like the correct one, we'll see when it gets here!

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 01:20:20 AM »
Nice pieces for sure! With that serial # what year of manufacure would that be??

Thankyou!  ;D

I acquired the Full Size TA90 in September of 1990.  My Compact TA90 was bought in November of 1989 and is in that years Serial Number Range.  Both were purchased new in box.  Both have performed very well.

TA90 Accuracy at 50 feet with favorite Match Reload
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Z28500

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 08:41:43 AM »
i've owned mine since the mid 90's. Bought it slightly used, and did not get the manual with it. I'm curious to know the production year/rareity of it as I've never seen a pic of one exactly like mine. The serial number starts with G29. I belive that would help me in finding/naming the part I need for it. I know EXCAM is no longer around so they are of no help. Emailing Tanfoglio is a waste of time, they never get back to you. At least NOT ME. I think the part is called a sear housing pin but I'm not sure. I'm going to attemp to post some pics, but photobucket changed formats again! So bear with me. AND Thanks in advance for your help!

BTW What would cause that pin to break? It has not had a bazillion rounds through it. My buddy thinks metal fatigue but.....??

If you can't find a pin and you probably won't, just make one out of a titanium drill bit and cut a groove in it, simple. Even if I could get a pin, I would still make one.

Offline nalioth

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 08:52:48 AM »

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/BIGSHCLUNK/TA90/TA90003.jpg

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/BIGSHCLUNK/TA90/TA90001.jpg
If you can't find a pin and you probably won't, just make one out of a titanium drill bit and cut a groove in it, simple. Even if I could get a pin, I would still make one.
Thanks for the tip.

This thread is 3 years old and the OP was able to order a pin (all outlined in the whole thread).

Nalioth's service awards

anything