Author Topic: do .40 compact mags fit PO6  (Read 2926 times)

Offline handgun2

do .40 compact mags fit PO6
« on: January 04, 2011, 10:31:23 PM »
sorry, this may be an obvious answer to many CZ fans, (I'm new) therefore do the Compact .40 mags fit the PO6 flush for CCW?

respectfully,
kevin

Offline CZ75BRocks

Re: do .40 compact mags fit PO6
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 08:07:37 AM »
handgun2:  "Inquiring minds want to know"  Great questions!! I really dislike those goofy P-06 magazines. I feel the same about the SP-01 9mm magazine (18rd).  Hey, at least tell me it's "raining" if you're going to p%#s on me.  SIG uses the 20rd extended magazines in the P226 Blackwater and "faked it" by using a very well done extended grip panel.  I mean I like the 18rds, not the longer grip dimension.  When I carry my SP-01 on the job I use CZ75B a 16rd magazine in it and my extra mags are the SP-01s.  I always count rounds when I fire.

Offline Mike C

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 05:41:49 PM »
Seems this has come up before & I want to say yes? They also make an extended mag for the compact but it is not flush fit.
I'm sure somone will chime in but you might want to ask CZ for sure.

Offline handgun2

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 08:36:57 PM »
my two new Promag's work fine.. no issues at all.. just want to get a little finger extension.. per HK 9mm/40.. base plate

PS.. new AL grips are the 'bomb', can't imagine w/out! worth every penny!
cheers
k

Offline xl_target

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 06:17:20 PM »
I read somewhere that many people had problems with the flush fit mags on the Compact 40. CZ's fix was to offer the P-06 mag for the cmpact 40.
The Compact 40 is discontinued on the CZUSA site but it still shows up on the CZUB site. On the CZ UB site it is shown with a P-06 mag and base.

Offline Mike C

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 02:04:44 PM »
I bought a ProMag for the .40 compact & tried it today. It fed everything fine but failed to lock the slide back. If you rack the slide by hand there's no problem it will lock back.

It also sticks down about 1/8" but thats not a big deal. I'm going to mess with it & see if I can figure out what the problem is.

Offline Mike C

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 02:12:24 PM »
Problem solved! I changed the follower in the ProMag with one I took out of 10 rd. mag that came with the gun. Went to the range today & put 100 rds. thru it & it locked open,last round everytime!  ;D

Offline xl_target

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 06:57:02 PM »
Mike,
 Is it possible to tell us where you bought those mags and what the stock number is?
Thanks

Offline Mike C

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 08:16:11 PM »
I bought it directly from Pro Mag.There is no part# on the Inv. or package but it says Magnum Research CZ-75 Compact .40 10 rd. I believe it said "discontinued" on their site but they do have them in stock. I will probably order several more.

Offline mbott

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 08:48:07 PM »
These are the mags I've used with great success with both my P-01 and my Compact .40.

ProMag

These are generally available through Midway USA, too.

--
Mike
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 08:53:39 PM by mbott »
If you live in Ohio, please consider joining either the Ohioans For Concealed Carry or the Buckeye Firearms Association.

NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle and Personal Protection Instructor
NRA Benefactor and Golden Eagle Member
Law Enforcement Sales, Retired

Offline phee

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 07:43:04 PM »
I bought a ProMag for the .40 compact & tried it today. It fed everything fine but failed to lock the slide back. If you rack the slide by hand there's no problem it will lock back.

It also sticks down about 1/8" but thats not a big deal. I'm going to mess with it & see if I can figure out what the problem is.

I have the same problem with the Pro-Mag magazines as far as them not locking back, but I also have a problem with those magazines and my handloads. The stock magazines feed them fine, but the Pro-Mags will not feed them well at all. I have gone through many different OAL's to no avail. Obviously, YMMV, and I have not tried the spring trick yet, but I will.

Offline Mike C

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 08:05:01 PM »
I didn't change the spring,just the follower. If you compare the 2, the CZ mag has a notch that my promag didn't have. I believe thats why it wouldn't lock back as it works fine now.

Offline mbott

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 07:31:17 PM »
I have the same problem with the Pro-Mag magazines as far as them not locking back, but I also have a problem with those magazines and my handloads. The stock magazines feed them fine, but the Pro-Mags will not feed them well at all. I have gone through many different OAL's to no avail. Obviously, YMMV, and I have not tried the spring trick yet, but I will.

I wonder if there has been a change in the ProMag follower as the 4 ProMags I have all lock the slide when empty.  I've also used these same mags in my P-01 as 14 rounders (during the 1994 - 2004 magazine fiasco) and they functioned flawlessly in it, too.

--
Mike
If you live in Ohio, please consider joining either the Ohioans For Concealed Carry or the Buckeye Firearms Association.

NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle and Personal Protection Instructor
NRA Benefactor and Golden Eagle Member
Law Enforcement Sales, Retired

Offline Protein_Mink

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 04:29:18 AM »
Thanks so much.
------------------------------------------

[Edited to remove hyper-link]  -MB
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 02:43:47 PM by mbott »

anything