Author Topic: Buying a RAMI and would like some general input  (Read 5642 times)

Offline Old Army

• Retired from USMC and Army, total 24 years.
Re: Buying a RAMI and would like some general input
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 08:31:03 PM »
I have a RAMI P, and think it is an excellent pistol for it's purpose.  I struggled between the BD and the P, and picked ease of carry (weight) and concealment over "what I really wanted."  After all that, I am still very impressed with the pistol.  Replaced the rear sights because adjustable range sights made no sense to me for concealed carry.  Just a personal preferrence, but I like simple for carry.  I have a Springfield XD sub compact also, and the RAMI makes a slightly better package for my taste in CC.  There are two beefs I have with the RAMI P, and neither of them is serious, more in "the noise."  CZ magazines are not as quiet in the pistol as I would like.  By that I mean there is a slight rattle inside the mag with rounds in it.  Not a big deal, but its there.  Can't notice it when its in the holster, and certainly can't hear it at the range. The trigger is not what I expected from a CZ, but when you build a new pistol off an old design, some things get lost in translation. I own a CZ 75, and the trigger pull on that pistol is superior, and this is coming from a died in the wool 1911 shooter.  The RAMI P falls into the category of the Springfield XD trigger pull, which is certainly not bad, but the CZ 75, the 82 and the 83, in my humble opinion, have discernably better trigger actions than the P.  Perhaps the metal RAMI is better, don't know. Accuracy and reliability on the RAMI have so far been perfect.  I shoot a lot of reloads, and the CZ's as a class of pistols handle reloads very well.  Grouping from such a small, light pistol are very good indeed.  You should love yours.  Mine is a keeper.

Offline JayHawker45

Re: Buying a RAMI and would like some general input
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2011, 11:00:47 AM »
Well, I did it. I have strayed away from the Sig line...somewhat. I own a Pre -B model CZ 85 that I purchased while I was stationed in Germany in the late '80's so, I'm not a complete novice with the CZ line.  It's just that mostly I've carried Sigs for my every day, concealed carry weapons.  Having said that, I had done some research on the CZ 2075 Rami BD and everything I read about it led me to believe it was a quality weapon and just about perfect for my needs.

So, I ordered my new CZ 2075 Rami BD in 9mm earlier in the week last week, and got the call on the 17 Feb that it was in. I had been looking for a while and everywhere I went, both online and in the stores, this particular model was backordered, so I consider myself really lucky to have gotten the call so soon after ordering. Initial impression is that it is constructed with typical CZ quality. Fit and finish are excellent. Dry fired for about an hour Thursday evening and found the trigger to be smooth with little creep. 3 dot Meprolight night sights are clear and bright. This one could easily replace any of my Sigs for a daily carry weapon.

My wife is enamored with it, which is a bad sign--she might attempt to adopt it herself--although that wouldn't be all that bad if she's comfortable enough to start shooting regularly.

Took the new Rami BD to the range Saturday. Had time for firing 200 rds of 9mm; a mix of Sellier and Bellot 115 gr and Winchester M882 NATO 124 gr and some HP at various weights that I had extra. Bottom line is the CZ ate every round without a hiccup.

Follow up shots were easy and smooth--even with the hotter ammunition, the second and third shots were in close proximity to initial shot. Initially, I wasn't even really checking for accuracy per se, I was more concerned about the cycling of the ammunition, but after the first 50 rounds, it was all about seeing how many ragged holes I could make at various points on the target. The overall weight of the pistol really dampens the effect of recoil--having said that, the pistol itself is not really all that heavy. It doesn't feel any heavier than my P225, though I haven't weighed both to really compare.

Fired from both 7 yd and 10yd distances. At both distances, POI is POA and any problems with shot placement were purely the result of poor performance on my part. I'm surprised at the ragged holes that the 3 inch barrel produced (ragged as in it put my strings into one ragged hole). I think overall, the accuracy of the CZ 2075 Rami BD is a testament to the ergonomics of the design and the quality of production. It fits well in my hand--a real extension of the shooter.

At the end of the day, I'd give the pistol a solid 9.5 out of 10, the only detractor is that the decock lever is small and placed further to the back of the frame than I'm used to--not a big issue, it just takes some getting used to.

On a side note, both 10 round magazines that came with the pistol suffer from the "CZ rattle". When loaded with a full 10 rounds, both magazines have an annoying rattle--remove one round and the rattle goes away. If anyone has any ideas about rectifying that, I'm all ears. I tried seating each round loaded by tapping the back of the magazine against a solid surface, still rattled. Also tried loading both with a magazine loader and by hand to try and see if one method silenced the rattle--nope. CZ magazines are made by MecGar of Italy (if I recall), so I don't think it's the quality of the material, it's in the design. Well, just gives me something else to research.

Honestly, I can't think of anything that I would do to "tweak" this pistol before carrying it daily, the only thing I'm waiting for now is the holster I have coming from HighNoon holsters.

Overall, I'm thoroughly happy with my purchase and quiet honestly, there's going to be a few of my Sigs seeing more of the interior of the safe than they have previously. Personally, I don't think anyone could go wrong with purchasing this particular model.

...no country can be well governed unless its citizens as a body keep religiously before their minds that they are the guardians of the law and that the law officers are only the machinery for its execution, nothing more.
--Mark Twain, "The Gilded Age"

NRA Life Member
JPFO Member

anything