Author Topic: CZ 75B Omega?  (Read 10215 times)

Offline vic40204

CZ 75B Omega?
« on: January 10, 2011, 12:26:54 PM »
 So, is it the concensus of opinion that there are still to many bugs left to be worked on this model? Namely the trigger problems, or is there a fix? I hope this is the right area for this post if not my apologies to the mods! 

Thanks Vic.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:37:23 PM by vic40204 »

Offline GottheGoods

Re: CZ 75B Omega?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 01:38:13 PM »
I acquired a used Omega, previous owner ran thousands of rounds through it without any mechanical failures of any kind.

Since I took ownership, another 600 trouble-free rounds.

As a CZ-newbie, I had no idea there was an issue with the Omega trigger system!

Offline vic40204

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 02:14:41 PM »
I had 1 previously and had no problems but i hardly put any rounds through it.

Thanks Vic.

Offline 20buellteam

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 12:29:24 AM »
I bought a used 75 B Omega just before the holidays. It was tight, looked new with no wear marks even on the magazines or the finish anywhere else on the gun.  It was complete in the original case, w/documentation indicating a 3-10-2008 build/test fire date. The family run shop owner that had it said it was on consignment and the owner wanted $400 firm.  I've been dropping into gun shows/local shops to handle the various CZ models but the prices were higher than what my wife & I agreed or allowed for w/prices going over $500 out the door every where locally except on the Internet.  Which is why I stopped into this little shop to discuss the FFL dealer transfer process.  The owner showed me the 75 B Omega to me he had on hand and I made an offer of $380 on the spot knowing I'd go the $400 the following day if refused (what can I say-I like to haggle and anything used you take your chances). But I got a call with the owner's approval to come get it with a cash deal first thing the next morning.
Didn't notice the Omega markings until after I bought it and took it out to try it. After reading through some of this site I realized later that maybe I jumped in haste. But after the past 250 rnds, it shoots very reliably and better than any other hand gun I own. Overall the trigger is light and smooth especially in single action which from my only other semi auto single action experience, seemed great. It is all I know so far but I do have a question for the seasoned owners regarding double action (I also own a double action Colt revolver and a Ruger single six so I understand the action differences).  When I cock the hammer as in single action it fires every time regardless of how fast the trigger is pulled! However, it won't fire double action with the hammer down and shell in the breach, the safety is in the "fire" position in all cases. It seems my gun's double action doesn't quite cock the hammer all the way back beyond the firing pin block.  :-\ I wonder if the previous owner had some trigger work done? Do ALL other 75 B Omega's fire double action or is something been altered with my especially if the trigger feels so good in single action? I don't think I really want to "fix" mine, but I'm just curious?  I thought it should fire with hammer down on first shot and then go single action.   Regardless, I sometimes over research things, instead in this case I can tell you I have NO regrets so far with my new favorite shooter. As they say, enjoy the ride and have fun with it. ;D
Ken
Vancouver WA

Offline Coastwatcher

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 06:47:59 PM »
So far I have had no issues with my Omega.  When I bought the pistol I did a side by side comparison with the standard 75B and I preferred the trigger pull of the Omega.   The biggest selling point for me was the upswept tang as the pistol fits my hand better.  I also prefer the larger mag release button.

my $.02
CZ75B OMEGA

Offline Wishoot

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 07:59:25 AM »
I've had my "Omega" for a few years now and have put a few thousand rounds down the pipe.  Other than one or two FTE's (very cheap ammo), it's been rock solid. 

anything