Author Topic: Helwan 9mm  (Read 5654 times)

Offline Rowe-75

Helwan 9mm
« on: February 06, 2011, 02:40:37 AM »
Hey guys, an acquaintance at work sold me his Egyptian made Helwan 9mm today. It is a licensed clone of the Beretta M 1951 Brigadier, a predecessor to the Beretta 92. Beretta sold their machinery and the license for the design to Maadi Co. of Egypt.

Cost me a whole $40. Unfortunately in the condition it is in, it is a paper weight. He never had any problems with the pistol while shooting it.. until one day in a field his friend was "rapid firing it" when the extractor pin fell out, and the firing pin, extractor and springs went with it, apparently that pin should have been peened. I have no idea how the firing pin didn't hit him in the face, guess he wasn't aiming. They couldn't find any of the parts except for the extractor claw. I have to somehow locate a firing pin, firing pin spring, extractor spring and firing pin/extractor pin.  This is going to prove to be difficult since Maadi destroyed all spare parts when they abandoned the project. Nonetheless it should prove to be a fun project.  There are some firing pins for sale on the internet but can't find any springs/pins, any ideas? I think these parts needed could come from a Beretta too, but they are just as rare.

It is a beautiful single stack 9mm surplus pistol and would be a blast to shoot. Lots of people here who like the surplus pistols so I figured I would share (beauty can only be found in the eye of the beholder of course)

PICTURES!!!  ;D

75b 9mm Para
2075 Rami .40
P06 .40
VZ2008 7.62x39

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: Helwan 9mm
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 10:09:32 AM »
Check with Numrich, Old Western Scrounger, or Brownells, they might have the parts you need. There is probably an internet forum dedicated to either the Helwan, (I almost bought one back in the day, as they were kinda neat), or surplus pistols, might have people who know of parts guns.
Good luck!

Online painter

• Frosty's Finishes
Re: Helwan 9mm
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 11:04:50 AM »
Numrich lists parts for a Helwan 'Brigadier'.

http://gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=13146
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.