Author Topic: CZ 97 Satin Nickel/RSR Special (PICS)  (Read 2851 times)

ATCDoktor

CZ 97 Satin Nickel/RSR Special (PICS)
« on: March 11, 2006, 10:12:19 AM »
I picked this up yesterday from the Marine Corps Exchange where I'm stationed. It's a 97B in satin nickel (the hammer, barrel, barrel nut, guide rod and guide rod housing are blue) and the box it came in is marked RSR Special.

RSR is a wholesaler (from the midwest I believe) with whom I've done business a couple of times years ago.

It appears that they (RSR) have had CZ make up a special run of 97's with different finishes (the Exchange had another one that was Two Tone, blued slide and satin nickel frame).

Has anyone seen any of these anywhere else? I've been wanting one (a 97B) for years, but everytime I saw one they where asking full retail (650+bucks) for them. I made out like a bandit on this one, $499.00 out the door and I couldn't be happier.

I ran down to my local indoor range and ran 100 rounds of hardball thru it just to see how it shoots and man this is one bad ride.

50 rounds into the head of a silhouette target at 15 yards as fast as I could pull the trigger and every round was right at the point of aim. This is one of the most accurate 45's Ive ever fired.

Does anyone know anything about these RSR guns? How many where made, what where the finish combinations, etc?

Offline mbott

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 03:04:44 PM »
Nice!

My guess is that you would have to contact RSR directly to get an answer on your questions.  You should be able to find contact info on their website: RSR Group.

--
Mike
If you live in Ohio, please consider joining either the Ohioans For Concealed Carry or the Buckeye Firearms Association.

NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle and Personal Protection Instructor
NRA Benefactor and Golden Eagle Member
Law Enforcement Sales, Retired

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 03:41:52 PM »
We seen one OTHER satin nickel 97B here on the forum, from a guy who picked it up at the CZ shop at the factory.  He also said they later had to redo the finish do to some problems, and were not going to do more of them.   But if a distributor puts in a special order, they'll probably follow the money.

That's a handsome gun.

brotherobin

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 09:53:23 PM »
Beautiful!

Offline candr44

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 10:47:07 PM »
I have a two tone RSR special I bought from a Ft. Lauderdale gun shop. I also got mine for under $500. They said they got a good deal from CZ because its a discontinued finish.

BRASMAN

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 01:14:58 AM »
All I can say ATCDoktor is that is one beutiful pistol and they can not have to many of those around. You gat a deal for sure.

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 07:38:20 AM »
I'm not a big fan of the 97B -- a bit too big for my hand -- but I'd probably have to get one of those if I found one.

Offline Otto N Sure

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 12:54:53 PM »
I notice on the RSR sight that they are listing a two tone 97B, but they don't have a picture of it.

I'd durn near trade my gloss blue 97 and a bunch of mags for a satin nickel 97 to match my satin nickel 75B--if interested in a trade......:)

Otto N. Sure

anthonymo

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 02:42:20 PM »
I wouldn't mind a couple more pictures with more ambiant light and no flash :)

Offline tipoc

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 04:44:56 PM »
Nice lookin'.

tipoc

BRASMAN

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 04:35:19 AM »
Does any one know where I could order one of those?

AjitaW

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2006, 01:29:31 AM »
Thats the one!!!
thats just like the one I was 2 days too late for.... arrggh!

on sale for $325 man!
:eek

Offline manofsteele69

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2006, 09:38:03 AM »
I noticed these too.  I was a few days late on these.  I called and my guy stated they were a small  small run that was damn near done before they got posted.  When I check the site it does mention two tone, but when I log on as a dealer its not there.  I wanted these bad myself as I was gonna buy them all.

Jason
Authorized CZ dealer
Accept Credit Cards no fees
www.steelefirearms.com

Offline Otto N Sure

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2006, 12:07:56 PM »
You are not gonna frickin' believe this!!!  I found one today, new in box, at a dealer in Ohio!

I'd posted over at The High Road that I'd like to trade my gloss blue 97B for a satin nickel 97B, or buy one outright.  A guy posted that he knew where one was, gave me the number, I called, they still had it, I gave them my credit card number, and it'll be here next week!!!  Yeah!!!!

I like the 97B, but LOVE it in nickel.  It will now join my satin nickel 75B, satin nickel 83, and my satin chrome 52--now if I could find someone to affordably plate my CZ 40P I'd be one happy cowboy!!

Otto N. Sure

ATCDoktor

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2006, 08:40:48 PM »
I have been shooting this gun all week and I love it. The Marine Corps Exchange where I bought has got 3 more, 2 Two Tones and one Full Satin Finish.

The full Satin gun has got some handling marks on it (it's the dispaly gun) and I had them give me the one in the safe that hadn't been fingered.

I have been running full metal jacket ammo thru it and as of yet have no malfunctions in about 500 rounds.

The load I  use is a mild 4.3 grains of Bullseye and a 230 grain Copper Plated bullet from Rainier. This load  shoots to the point of aim and it runs flawlessly so far.

I'll post more Pics this weekend, these do not do it justice ( it was overcast outside and raining a little and had to rush).

I've also got a Pre Model CZ75 I bought in Germany back in 1984 that I recently had refinished in ROBARS NP3 finish.
I'll post picks of them side by side to compare the finishes.

anything