Author Topic: Don't buy Hi Viz CZ 75 Rear Sight for CZ 82  (Read 6545 times)

Offline 55082

Don't buy Hi Viz CZ 75 Rear Sight for CZ 82
« on: March 29, 2011, 10:03:29 PM »
I read in several posts that CZ75 sights will fit the CZ82. Not always. The Hi-Viz CZ75 rear sight doesn't fit. The dovetail is the same but the sight won't clear the CZ82 rib. The model number is CZ2110.

However the CZ75 Hi-Viz FRONT sight Will fit the CZ82 slide.

Offline towboater

Re: Don't buy Hi Viz CZ 75 Rear Sight for CZ 82
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 09:22:38 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Offline SMSgt

• Make a decision; live with the consequences.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 01:25:53 PM »
I've wondered about that. I heard the 75 sight overhangs on the rear. A machinst should be able to lower the slide rib easily enough.

For me the dayglo orange paint works well enough.
Life isn't fair, stop expecting it to be.

Offline rmcnelly

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 08:58:35 AM »
--Rick
CZ 75 Compact Dual Tone, Kadet, CZ 82

Offline Jay Dee

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 10:57:53 AM »
I just replaced my rear sights on my 82. It had a size #1 sight from a 75, and it swapped nicely with a new size #5 from CZ-USA. Now it shoot to POA. Not sure about the HiViz. Anyone replaced front sights on their 82 with a FO?

Offline rmcnelly

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 02:04:00 PM »
I just replaced my rear sights on my 82. It had a size #1 sight from a 75, and it swapped nicely with a new size #5 from CZ-USA. Now it shoot to POA. Not sure about the HiViz. Anyone replaced front sights on their 82 with a FO?

Google "CZ82 HIVIZ" and you'll get lots of hits.  That's how I found the post above (but you have to register at that site to see the pics).
--Rick
CZ 75 Compact Dual Tone, Kadet, CZ 82

Offline jrayb95

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 08:06:01 PM »
I have Fiber Optic sights on my CZ83 that fit great. they are adjustable LPA sights that I got from Fusion Firearms.
           http://www.fusionfirearms.com/servlet/the-294/CZ-75-%26-85/Detail

Offline danwdooley

• Dooley's Treasure Chest
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 12:28:06 PM »
My question is a little OT to the topic, sorry, but how is the best way to remove the rear sight?  I'm not in the process of replacing mine right now but who knows, that may come later.  I am in the process of stripping my CZ82 down for a complete refinishing and will want the sights (both front and rear) removed to allow for the best results.

I vaguely remember (I think) reading somewhere that the rear sight should be pushed out in one direction only.  I may be mistaken on that though.  Just checking to make sure I do it right.

Thanks,
Dan,

Yes, the CZ-82 is my favorite gun.  :-)

Offline dedmouse

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 04:08:29 PM »
Dan,

Not sure about the CZ82 but  I can't think of a gun that I've worked on that the pins didn't go in from the left (drive them out from the right)...Maybe that's a standard, I don't know...

DM

Offline danwdooley

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 05:13:55 PM »
DM, the rear sight in the CZ82 is not pinned.  It sets in a groove within the slide and could be moved to either right or left.  It looks like it could easily be hammered out either to the left or to the right but I vaguely remember reading something somewhere which seemed to imply that perhaps the groove (slot) it sets in may not be uniform on both sides so that it must be either hammered in from the left side or the right side but not both.  I'm just wanting to make sure I don't muck it up by hammering it out the wrong way.
Dan,

Offline dedmouse

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 05:58:21 PM »
ah right...this guy says to drift it out left to right....

http://myweb.cableone.net/leolani/cz-82-disassembly.html

Part of the way down the page...

Offline danwdooley

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 06:13:48 PM »
Oh for crying out loud. LOL  I've had that document open all day long today following the steps for the dissassembly of the gun.  No, I set the slide assembly aside to work on the next step.  I knew I had seen that mentioned somewhere.  I actually saved that whole page as a PDF for reference.  Now I am embarrassed at not seeing it.  Thanks for setting me back on track, DM.   ;D
Dan,

Offline danwdooley

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 09:01:22 PM »
Well I pounded all I'm going to pound.  I came to the conclusion that that rear sight really doesn't have to come out in order for me to do my paint stripping and rust bluing project.  It's just not going to budge.  I will just be very careful with the cleaning/degreasing process but since the sight is going to be blued along with the rest of the slide, it will just have to stay where it's at.  Everything else on the gun is now down to the individual part.
Dan,