Author Topic: CZ 452 .17HMR Scope and Mount Recommendations  (Read 4518 times)

Offline bersaguy

CZ 452 .17HMR Scope and Mount Recommendations
« on: April 11, 2011, 11:29:43 PM »
I have a 452 in .17HMR and would like to mount a scope to it for varments and target work.  What works best for you?

Is this something that the average joe can handle or should I be looking for a gunsmith to mount the scope and sight it in?

Thanks for your time and comments.  I appreciate the good info here on the CZ Forum.

Offline Nupes

Re: CZ 452 .17HMR Scope and Mount Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 12:21:02 PM »
Not sure of the sizing on your dovetails but you have several good options.  BKL make good rings in the USA.  They will fit both 3/8" and 11 mm dovetails.  CZ rings are not bad but a bit pricey.  The Burris signature zee rings are the best in my opinion but you will probably need and adapter for the weaver mount.  Use your google-fu and there is a good posting out there that shows the different ring combinations you can use on CZ rimfires.  You want to make sure that the bolt will clear the rear objective of the scope when cycled.  You also want to make sure your high enough for the front objective to clear the barrel.  Stay away from the cheap aluminum air gun scopes like BSA ect..  They will slide up and down the dovetail and not hold solid worth a ***.  Heres a good place to go for the adapters if you need them, they are made out of delrin and keep the rings from leaving marks and scratches on the receiver groove bluing.

https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/index.php?cPath=10

Offline Nupes

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 03:51:10 AM »
I'll second the recomendation for Burris Signature Zee rings.  They are a good set up with the delrin adapters and you won't need to lapp or epoxy bed the rings to get everything trued up.  You can get offset inserts for the rings that will let you  position the scope better for longer range or to better line it up with the bore.  They do have small screws which you want to be careful with not to strip.  If you don't have a torque screwdriver, just use the short end of the allen key with your thumb and finger...this should snug everything up pretty close to what the torque specs would be (15 in/lbs).

Offline ZG47

• Firearms Safety Instructor, Target Shooter, Hunter
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 02:10:59 AM »
Sportsmatch (also sold as RWS Sportsmatch) are very good.
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.

anything