Author Topic: Can CZ 75B 40sw barrel change to 9mm ??  (Read 15829 times)

Offline zippo

Can CZ 75B 40sw barrel change to 9mm ??
« on: February 21, 2011, 11:45:35 PM »
HI...

Can CZ 75 in 40 sw shoot 9mm ammo ... by only Barrel change ?
and what company make aftermarket conversion barrels for it ?
do U need 9mm mag also ?  anything eles need to be change from 40ww - 9mm ?

thank
Zippo

Offline 02CETA24

Re: Can CZ 75B 40sw barrel change to 9mm ??
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 12:17:04 AM »
haha no they can not!! tried this out this past weekend with a friends 9mm and it failed to fire and didnt want to come off my frame. that and it took about an hour of me scared as hell my gun would be useless but it turned out good and my 75b works just fine
CZ75B .40S&W NEWB!!

Offline midlife

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 12:57:22 AM »
I think this is the people you want to talk to. I believe It can be done and I have heard good things about these people..

http://www.efkfiredragon.com/products.php?cat=1478
CZ 75B SS (9mm) w/ Kadet Kit - CZ 40B (40 Cal) - Navy Arms TU-90 (7.62x25) - Beretta NEOS (22 Cal) w/ Carbine Kit - Springfield Armory XDM 40 (40 Cal) - Heritage Rough Rider SA (22LR/22Mag)

Offline czkali

• sdrawssakcab
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 11:19:13 AM »
Yes it can be done.

I do it with my 75B 40SW via the EFK Firedragon down conversion barrel I bought from the link shown above.  I also replace the recoil spring with a Wolff recoil spring for 9mm.

It hasn't been 100% failure free though in 9mm.  So at this point I wouldn't use it set up in 9mm as a HD/SD gun.

The worst was with the 9mm Remington UMC MegaPak from WalMart -- probably 1 to 3 FTF (feed and fire) in 20.  This may be due to problems others have seen with the bulk UMC ammo.  I've shot probably 350-450 9mm rounds with it so it's (barrel and spring) still relatively new. If it doesn't improve I will have to investigate further.

In .40SW it's fantastic!
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson

Offline scattershot

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 11:32:12 AM »
Yes, but you need the downconversion barrel, since the diameters of the 9mm and .40 are not the same in stock configuration. I have used the EFK 9mm barrel in my .40 Hi Power with good results.

Offline zippo

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 01:56:03 AM »
Thank for all your reply, I will looking to it.

Offline Lobo_79

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 01:03:29 PM »
I think this is the people you want to talk to. I believe It can be done and I have heard good things about these people..

http://www.efkfiredragon.com/products.php?cat=1478

FWIW: Their web site shows this product as out of stock, and I have yet to receive any kind of a response from them as to when they'll be making more available. Maybe their product is ok but their customer feedback is seriously lacking. Maybe others have had better luck.
"Fighting is the central military act. . . .  Engagements mean fighting.  The object of fighting is the destruction or defeat of the enemy." Carl von Clausewitz

Offline czfan714

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 01:14:00 AM »
Yes it can be done.

I do it with my 75B 40SW via the EFK Firedragon down conversion barrel I bought from the link shown above.  I also replace the recoil spring with a Wolff recoil spring for 9mm.

It hasn't been 100% failure free though in 9mm.  So at this point I wouldn't use it set up in 9mm as a HD/SD gun.

The worst was with the 9mm Remington UMC MegaPak from WalMart -- probably 1 to 3 FTF (feed and fire) in 20.  This may be due to problems others have seen with the bulk UMC ammo.  I've shot probably 350-450 9mm rounds with it so it's (barrel and spring) still relatively new. If it doesn't improve I will have to investigate further.

In .40SW it's fantastic!

It's run flawlessly in my CZ 75B . Make sure you use the 9mm mag and dont shoot crappy factory ammo. I ran thousands of my handloads thru. the conversion barrel without a hiccup. Mine can be used as HD/SD without a doubt!
You might want to use a lighter recoil spring as well. I just cut mine about 2 coils.

Good luck.

anything