Author Topic: "Retention" Holster suggestions for the P07  (Read 2702 times)

Offline arizonaguide

"Retention" Holster suggestions for the P07
« on: April 13, 2011, 08:36:15 AM »
I upgraded from my S&W Jframe revolver to a new P07, but I miss my Blackhawk Retention Holster (Serpa/Paddle).

Seems I read somewhere that the Serpa for the USP compact would work for our P07's...but the one I tried wasn't even close. The trigger guard was too big to reholster the P07 in the USPc Serpa holster. So has anyone found anything as far as a level II retention for the P07? I miss my Blackhawk Serpa. 

EVEN BETTER, I would LOVE a Safariland 6378 if they made one for the P07, but would settle for another Serpa.

I'm not especially fond of the "hood" like the Front-Line's have, but from what I can see that's the only "Retention" holster I can find other than the "thumbbreak" style leather models for the XD (like I have settled for temporary right now).

Any words of wisdom for a Level II non-hooded retention holster for the P07?

Thanks for ANY advice!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:38:55 AM by arizonaguide »

Offline arizonaguide

Re: "Retention" Holster suggestions for the P07
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 11:01:14 AM »
Question#2:

So did I try the wrong Blackhawk Serpa? The package said it was for the HK USP compact. Seems I've heard the XD and/or USPc Blackhawk Serpa is supposed to fit the P07...has something changed in the last few months? Is it really the HK P2000 that actually fits?

Anyone have "Hands On" experience with this?

Offline lex-103

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 12:09:36 AM »
Gettin ready to order a new pistola and when speaking to Scott at CZ he said that there was possibly some co op taking place with safariland and blackhawk on some holter options. So keep an eye out and dont jump the gun on settling for something you dont like.

Offline codisimo

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 03:20:14 AM »
I had posted in another thread that the USP compact I had found worked very well... I posted the part number. I have since sold the P-07 and the holster with it, for a J frame, so I don't have the part number in front of me, but mine worked very well and I even took pictures of it.

Offline adkjoe

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 08:39:43 AM »
The USP compact black hawk serpa CQC will work for the P-07.

It is really tight so what I did was put the serpa in the oven for maybe 10 minutes or so until it became shiny (means the kydex is getting soft) I wrapped the p-07 in about 6 plastic grocery bags and put it in the warm holster.  I let it sit over night and now it's a perfect fit.
Vermont
Anyone who can legally own a firearm can carry it concealed in Vermont with no permit/license of any kind

anything