Author Topic: CZ 455 Extraction problems  (Read 4697 times)

Offline quill

CZ 455 Extraction problems
« on: April 26, 2011, 06:55:43 PM »
Last winter I purchased a CZ 455 in .22LR and with the appropriate ammunition it has very good accuracy (half inch at 50 yards).  My problem is it leaves the spent cartridge in the chamber which then has to be pried out with a small screwdriver.  This happens from once every half dozen clips to almost every other round depending ammunition brand.  With Winchester Super-X it is about once every clip.  Is there any solution to this problem because I do like the rifle.

Offline Tinner

Re: CZ 455 Extraction problems
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 04:00:15 PM »
Hey Quill, How many total rounds have you shot? Have you tried differerant mags? One thing that will help is the J&P striker spring, The new spring allows faster lock up time and faster ejection. Take  your bolt apart and make sure the extractor looks good, Give it a good cleaning. Try You Tube, you will find a detailed video for bolt cleaning.     http://www.jnpgunsprings.com/
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 04:09:52 PM by Tinner »

Offline quill

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 07:03:49 PM »
Update - I have fired a little over 200 rounds. It is hard to fire many when the cases don't extract. I only have one magazine as of yet and the rifle had just been cleaned.  However your reply got me thinking that something may be hanging the extractor so I disassembled the bolt and took a small file to the extractor, holder and the slots in which they fit.  This was to remove burs and high spots.  This made some improvement but did not eliminate the problem.  The process was repeated with more aggressive filing.  The second time all but eliminated the problem.  I have repeated the process for a third time which hopefully should eliminate the problem when it is fired tomorrow weather permitting. 
Thanks for the input.

Offline sniper223

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 09:09:39 AM »
I heard some of the 455 have very tight chamber.  The chamber needs to be reamed.  Call CZ and send it back.