Author Topic: EAA Sarsilmaz K2-45  (Read 12379 times)

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
EAA Sarsilmaz K2-45
« on: June 22, 2011, 07:20:42 PM »
Noticed on the Newstands in the current Sept. 2011 issue of Combat Handguns there was a review of the new Sarsilmaz K2-45, now imported by EAA.  From what I read of it, it sounded very very good.  All Steel, 14 +1 Capacity, and Magazines are of a similar, but not same, feed profile as the ParaOrdnance Magazines.  Frame Mounted Safety, same as a Witness.

Also available in 9mm, .40 S&W, and 10mm, but I'm not sure whether the same frame is used or a smaller one for the shorter calibers.

Found a Pic of one for sale on Gunbroker:

And No, I haven't bid on it............yet.  But I'm thinking I would like to.

Were I Tanfoglio, I would be agitated at least.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 01:24:12 AM by jwc007 »
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline tekarra

Re: EAA Sarsilmaz K2-45
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 08:23:31 PM »
Interesting, will have to wander over to the local grocery store and pick up the magazine.  Go on, put in a bid - you may be the first kid on your block to own one. ;D

Offline priler

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 10:48:14 PM »
  i was just over on TFL in the semiauto forum and iirc a guy there that nows one of the rag editors or writers specifically stated that he was told by his friend that eaa has decided NOT to go with the K2,that they are dropping it,effective immediately.

eaa has asked to recall all the ones given to the rag writers and no one is sure how many made it out to the public or vendors.

just thought i'd mention that or at the very minimum you should look into it.

i can not comfirm how accurate this information is. i guess depending on how you look at it,if this is in fact true,it can be good if you get one or it can be very bad.

Offline Rod Slinger

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 11:55:16 PM »
007  Got a chance to handle the K2 at a gun show this weekend.  The K2 has very good ergonomics.  The one I handled was the 45apc.  This gun has a very small grip for a double stack 45.  I like the fact it had a Sig  type lock-up.  Fit and finish was good.  I was put off by the left side slide being full of text.  The asking price was $560.    This same show had a Marlin Camp Carbine  for $800.  Needless to say both guns did not come home with me.   R S

Remembering Sketter  Skelton
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.  Thomas Jefferson

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 01:48:21 AM »
That recall sounds a bit far fetched to me and does not make sense.  A search did not turn up any reference to any recall at this time.

I'll look into the recall, but until I read it in a press release from the horses (EAA) mouth, lets treat that as only a possibility and maybe just troll bait, of which there's been a lot going around lately.  ::)

I'll definitely consider getting one down the road or sooner if possible.

Thanx for the physical review, Rod!  ;D  Chances are, if I buy one, I'll have to order it.  No one carries EAA stuff around here.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:51:10 AM by jwc007 »

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline priler

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 10:15:44 AM »
  agreed. here's were i read it:TFL

read his two post. who knows,maybe it's BS,...but maybe he did get it from the horses mouth.

question: this K2 seems to have a front sight dovetailed front to back like say a witness match. does anybody know if the tanfoglio FO front sight will fit this K2?

also,do all caliber versions come with that same adjustable rear sight?

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 01:23:18 AM »
Well, the Horse (EAA) has spoken..............sort of...........with kind of an erie silence.  ::)

Went to EAA's USSG Blog post on the K2-45, and posted/asked if these pistols are going to be available as according to other info, they are not, and that page plus EAA's "twitter" linked K2 youtube videos have all been taken down.  At this point I can only assume that the K2 project, all calibers, is cancelled, as has been stated by the poster on TFL.  Also, all of the other main page Sarsilmaz videos are taken down as well.

Would have been nice if they at least had the decency to email me with an explanation, but they did not.

Perhaps some other importer will pick up the K2 line as I was interested in getting one in .45 ACP, not that I really need yet another .45.  Although there has still been that one on Gunbroker, I'm not interested in picking up one if there is no parts support or extra magazines to buy. I always get at least 5 spare magazines for my pistols, sometimes more.

I'm wondering why Armalite does not import it, as they've been dealing with Sarsilmaz for quite some time now.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 01:26:54 AM by jwc007 »

Offline tekarra

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 06:37:52 PM »
It would be nice if someone imported the Sarsilmaz line up.  And even nicer if they had a good distribution and marketing organisation.

Offline priler

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 09:18:47 PM »
  i seriously doubt armalite would pick up the K2. the ar-24 has not sold well and the K2 would probably make things worst.they have enough problems. of course,the ar-24 is a good example of poor marketing,which is a shame.

for quite some time now,sarsilmaz has been selling lines of armalite rifles in the turkish market.when armalite wanted to have a pistol in their line-up,it was logical for them to deal with sarsilmaz,not to mention that mark westrom was very impressed with sarsilmazs' mostly german and italian tooling,old world type craftmanship combined with modern CNC.

it's a real shame.most CZ fans simply state that the ar-24 is just a "clone of a clone" but they really don't have a clue what they are talking about. there is a huge difference between a CZ 75b and an ar-24,in more ways than one,..and you can't even interchange parts between the two.

on the other hand,imo it is unfortunate but also quite real that americans,for the most part,tend not to equate quality with something that says "made in turkey" on it. be honest,it is actually not true with these pistols but that perception is there. more time and buyers are needed to break this perception. certainly the stoeger cougar has helped in beginning to end this.

Offline FloridaCracker

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 12:08:48 AM »
Oddly, The Davidson's site shows three K2s available under the EAA listing.

I own an AR-24 and have come to love it so I would seriously like to pick up one of these to have Sarsilmaz in .45. But I also don't want to buy something that's a complete lame duck without available accessories  :(
I’m consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry. - Barack Obama, 2004
South Floridians, stops paying too much for guns and ammo: http://groupbuybulkammo.com

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 01:13:30 AM »
The plot thickens with what is hopefully good news.

Then I directly asked if they were continuing to carry the line and they added they'd have the K2 in .45, 9mm, and .40 by the end of the year.

The K2-45 is now still on my shopping list.............after I've paid my property taxes and a whole lot of other stuff, but I'll try to sneak it in somewhere.

Offline priler

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 10:20:20 PM »
  nice. i hope it's true.

the lock-up of the K2 reminds me of the sphinx pistols.

Offline notjustanothermini

• my buddy and other buddy
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 10:38:23 AM »
eaa is dropping it, i feel, because tanfoglio threatened to not sell them pistols anymore if they sell that gun,

i mean if the damn thing is offered in 10mm, then who the hell wants a round top witness, id personallly would rather have the K2 in 10mm

also the k2 is awesome looking, real sig sauer like, the slide serrations, the angle of the back of the slide, the front profile of the gun looking at you, and the rail, real incognito rail. like a sr series pistol from ruger. not "saw tooth" looking, jsut there and functioning to hold a doo dad in place.

i remember hearing sarsilmaz and tanfoglio were in co-hoots with each other. as in they would have sarsilmaz make this or that, and vise versa. all under the tanfoglio name?? anyway, as i heard, once sarsilmaz got up and running they straight played the heck out of tanfoglio, and said "all this tooling and such is mine now, pound sand, im making my own pistol"

something along them lines, it seems to make sense/

i am searching for one, honestly do you think it will be that hard to find something for a gun that has been basically the same dimensions for thelast 35 years.?

im sure .45 eaa mags would fit and function. maybe function with a little playing around, just like the 10mm mags takes playing with, and they are eaa mags made for eaa 10mm

Offline Gary1911A1

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 02:12:52 PM »
I doubt the magazines between the EAA Witness and the K2-45 are the same as the Witness Magazine in .45 only holds 10 rounds and the K2-45 reportedly holds 14 rounds. Unless the K2-45 is very long it must be wider than the Witness.

If EAA drops them maybe someone else will pick them up. Maybe Armalite since they handle the AR-24 anyway.

Offline notjustanothermini

• my buddy and other buddy
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 05:16:46 PM »
from what i have seen and read, the k2's are extremely long legged

as far as the mags, im sure something out there will work.

dont know for sure, but going by the firearms world, something has to work, right?

anything