Author Topic: CZ 82 Trigger  (Read 1296 times)

Offline LS719

CZ 82 Trigger
« on: July 11, 2011, 11:35:29 PM »
I was looking at a real nice CZ 82 today and during inspecting it I noted that the trigger won't release the hammer in double action mode, single action works ok. The trigger and hammer go full travel in D/A, during cocking hammer by hand it gets pulled back just a little further then with the trigger. Also in D/A when the trigger is allowed to go forward the hammer drops. Any Ideas?

Offline fullerb1

Re: CZ 82 Trigger
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 08:14:57 AM »
I have noticed this issue in my 82 as well but only when dry firing with no mag in the gun.
It has never done this when loaded at the range. I will be interested in seeing if it is some thing serious or not.
VZ-82
SVWE .40
S&W Model 13 revolver 4" .357 mag
Mossberg 500 with ATI pistol grip stock and fore end (12 ga)
2 x 20 Gauge Mossberg 500s
Mosin Nagant 91/30 (Tula)
Savage .22 Semi auto rifle.
And I think that I am starting to have an addiction. :-)

Offline czcarry

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 09:02:07 AM »
When I first got my CZ 82 it started acting weird like that. Remove the slide and check the spring through the hole on top of the ejector. If you can see it in the hole it has probably popped out from under the automatic safety. It can be a pain to get back in. It came out again later so I ended up ordering a replacement from CZ. The new one was just a tad longer.
Here is a good site to use for working on your CZ 82.
http://myweb.cableone.net/leolani/cz-82-disassembly.html

Offline wayniacKT

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 11:52:49 AM »
Wow CZCarry, is that a fairly new website? I was looking for something like that when i tore my 82 down to the bones. I did use SailorCurt's site alot, but this one is quite comprehensive.
Thanks for sharing.

Offline LS719

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 04:50:59 PM »
Thanks for the replys.Don't think I will buy it at this time as $300 is a bit high ,even though it appears to have a Duracoat finish, for not knowing for sure what is wrong with it.

Offline Huff

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 11:30:11 PM »
I know what the problem is and there is a simple cure. I will try to get some pics up and some part names tomorrow as it is late here and I have had a few beers 8)
check back
huff

Offline Huff

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 11:34:10 PM »
With the right grip removed you can see a thin metal plate riveted to the frame. As you pull the trigger the trigger bar contacts the plate and releases the hammer. Mine had some play, it was loose and I shimmed it to be in the forward position which allowed the hammer to release sooner. I took a piece of aluminium can and wedged a small piece between the frame and the plate which made the trigger bar contact it sooner. I don't have a photo bucket yet but I will be glad to send a pic to someones email to be posted. I believe this is the problem. I would think that replacing the part might be better but I could not see an easy way to replace it.
It is number 24 , trigger bar disconector in the parts diagram. Mine was loose and worn but by shimming it to the front it worked well and I have had no more problems.
huff

anything