Author Topic: Dealers for Zastava rifles?  (Read 2253 times)

Offline calypsocoral

Dealers for Zastava rifles?
« on: July 15, 2011, 09:38:20 PM »
So, I'm browsing the internet, looking for Mauser-style, bolt-action rifles.

CZ makes some of the most affordable offerings that feature attractive walnut stocks and decent workmanship. Their only apparent competitor, at least regarding those particular criteria, is Zastava in Serbia.

The only importer I can find for Zastava, however, is EAA, and they only carry the version of the M70 (Zastava's mid-to-magnum bolt-action rifle) that has a synthetic stock and stainless barrel, and only in a fraction of the available calibers.

Does anyone know another importer that might carry a wider selection?

Offline Bret

Re: Dealers for Zastava rifles?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 02:00:37 PM »
Although EAA is technically the importer and does the repair work, they're sold under the "Remington 798" or "Remington 799" name.  I have a Remington 799 in 7.62x39.  It's beautiful.  When I bought it off Gunbroker new in the box the barrel was visually off to one side in the front of the stock.  I'm sure it wouldn't have bothered most people, but I'm pretty anal when it comes to gun cosmetics.  I sent it back to EAA for repair and they did a beautiful job rebedding it.  Do a search on Gunbroker using the terms quoted above and you'll find what you're looking for.  BTW, I've read that the 799's are technically not true Mauser type actions, but I like mine anyway.

anything