Author Topic: Comparison of P-07 Duty vs. Beretta Px4 Storm Compact  (Read 2544 times)

Offline ki0ak

Comparison of P-07 Duty vs. Beretta Px4 Storm Compact
« on: September 08, 2011, 10:41:17 AM »
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here for some time and have learned a lot from everyone. I'm looking at purchasing a new pistol (first-time owner, long-time shooter (military)) and am interested in either the Px4 Storm Compact 9mm or the CZ P-07 Duty. Does anyone here have familiarity with both that could compare/contrast the pistols?

Intended usage is range and home defense, possibly CC (hence looking at "compact" pistols).

Thanks for your replies and I apologize if this is the wrong place for this.

Offline m39nut

Re: Comparison of P-07 Duty vs. Beretta Px4 Storm Compact
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 07:35:38 PM »
I really have no personal familiarity with the PX4 but I know a couple of people with them. They like them but they do require very careful cleaning to prevent malfunctions and are not as forgiving as a CZ or other popular makes. I would definately test fire both before you buy to make sure you are getting the right pistol for YOU. I would also test a P01 and P02 or even a regular CZ75B. Remember a little range time and cost up front will keep you from regretting your purchase later.

Offline kobus

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 05:35:16 AM »
m39nut.   I agree with your opinions but the cz75b is not the ideal weapon for concealed carry.  the po-7 duty on the other hand is, for me a very nice cc gun.

Sorry kiOak but I have no experience with the px4. I know CZ and you can't go wrong with them.  I hope you find the ideal CZ for yourself. Note:  CZ  ;)

Cheers and good luck.
guns don't kill people. NINJAS kill people.

Offline Cesar

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 06:49:58 AM »
Hmm, I shot P-07 - NO! I'd not pay $5 of my own money for one; or Phantom, or any Omega trigger based CZ handgun. And if I had one for free - it'd not see any of my trigger time. I'd let others abuse those all they wanted, as long as they didn't cost me anything.

P-01, P-06, PCR or HK P7 PSP are very nice CCW guns I'd be happy to carry. Small, light, simple, accurate... did I forget to mention - light and easy to conceal? I never shot Kahr thou.

Px4 - hmm, well... I've heard a little too many complaints from US/Can border guards about them, some of them went from G19 to Px4 and are NOT happy. I never held or shot one thou.

anything