Author Topic: New Member from North Carolina  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Carbon Fiber Man

New Member from North Carolina
« on: September 09, 2011, 03:43:15 PM »
Just starting to get into guns, came out of Design school at NCSU, researched a bunch of handguns and I liked CZ's design the best! I have a CZ-75 P07 Duty and I love it!
CZ P07 Duty 9mm

Offline bozwell

Re: New Member from North Carolina
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 04:00:54 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  There are some good ranges down in your part of the state.  I've been to the wake county range a couple times and the only downside there is the hours are a bit limited.  PDHSC is probably the best place in that area but I hear there's always a wait of 30-60 minutes to get a lane.  Anyways, welcome to the board :)

Offline nonamehavei

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 05:21:36 PM »
Welcome from Greensboro! ;D
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
    Douglas Adams

Offline drummerboy

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 08:04:56 PM »
Welcome from Chapel Hill.

CLP

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 09:34:44 PM »
Welcome from Jacksonville!

Offline czsuby

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 11:45:27 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline Carbon Fiber Man

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 08:11:14 PM »
Actually I do shoot at PDHSC! It is a really good place to shoot, and yes their hours are very limited, its hard because they close when I get off work most days. But I've only had to wait for a lane once...I guess I got lucky.
CZ P07 Duty 9mm

Offline Mastodon

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 07:22:12 PM »
Welcome aboard this great forum!  Welcome to the CZ Family and greetings from West TX. :)
Chartered in 1845 by The Republic of Texas

Offline bozwell

New Member from North Carolina
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 07:49:37 PM »
Got to shoot at PDHSC today and only a small wait of 15 minutes.  I think it was so backed up in August because the Wake county range was closed for repairs.  Both are great options though. :-)

Offline Polycoat

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 10:04:22 PM »
Welcome from Chapel Hill.  I work in Raleigh, and I am a member of the Eagle1 as a range.  I think it is a decent range.  I've almost never had to wait and the hours aren't bad.  I haven't shot at PDHSC, so I can't compare.

Offline James1

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 01:38:17 AM »
Welcome from Australia mate.
CZ75B Limited Edition.
CZ452 Lux.

Offline Carbon Fiber Man

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 12:55:19 PM »
Welcome from Chapel Hill.  I work in Raleigh, and I am a member of the Eagle1 as a range.  I think it is a decent range.  I've almost never had to wait and the hours aren't bad.  I haven't shot at PDHSC, so I can't compare.

I've shot at both and I have to say eagle 1 has more lanes but PDHSC seems a lot cleaner. I felt kinda sick in the lungs after leaving Eagle 1, but at PDHSC I felt like I had been breathing fresh air the whole time! Plus PDHSC has padded and carpeted walls and benches, much better than the black wooden planks at Eagle 1! Both places have nice staff and both have a lot of items for sale. PDHSC has a way better selection of rental guns than Eagle 1 does though.

CZ P07 Duty 9mm

Offline bozwell

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 01:01:10 PM »
I've only been to Eagle 1 once, but there was a police officer practicing combat shotgun in the lane next to us and rapid loading/firing the entirety of a 50 round belt each time.  He got through about 3-4 belts of 12 gauge before I just felt sick from all the smoke and powder in the air.  I would definitely recommend PDHSC or the Wake county range in that area.  I live up in Greensboro so I typically go to Caliber's.

anything