Author Topic: CZ82 grips  (Read 3963 times)

Offline Felixd

CZ82 grips
« on: September 29, 2011, 07:36:13 PM »
Can anyone direct me to where I might find thin grips for a CZ82?  The factory panels preventg me from using the mag release button without changing my grip.  Thanks. 

Offline geen

Re: CZ82 grips
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 08:19:52 PM »
I have not found any that are thin enough that I can reach the release button and I have looked.  I use the middle finger from my gun hand
"Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War"

Offline CoalTrain73

• Texas Panhandle
CZ82 grips
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 10:41:44 AM »
I have not found any that are thin enough that I can reach the release button and I have looked.  I use the middle finger from my gun hand

+1
that's what I do as well.  The only bad thing is that I get used to that technique, then I try to use it on my other pistols that don't have ambi mag releases.  I think it is faster and easier to use middle finger on gun hand rather than rotating hand around to reach with thumb.
CZ40B,  CZ82,  + some other Babies

Offline SMSgt

• Make a decision; live with the consequences.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 10:51:48 AM »
Check this out for really nice wood grips, many styles and wood selections. May not solve your mag release problem but worth a peek.

http://www.marschalgrips.com/?content=CZ-models
Life isn't fair, stop expecting it to be.

Offline Felixd

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 06:16:17 PM »
Thanks everyone.

Offline ArmyCWO

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 12:54:06 PM »
Was not sure if this needed a new thread or not since it is not exactly what the original poster started.  I purchased a set of CZ 83 grips (for my 82) and had two things come out of that.  First, the grips were an exact fit as the description at MidwayUSA indicated.  However, when the grip screws were snugged up, the top of the grips back by the safety levers canted outward.  I used the word "snugged" to indicate that the screws were definitely not over tightened.  The other thing I found was that the new grips were clearly lighter weight and did not appear to be the same quality.  They are back off the gun for now.

CWO

Offline czcarry

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 10:00:04 AM »
IMO the CZ 82 is not designed for single handed mag release. The ergonomics and grip design are just not there for me anyway. Being right handed, I hold a firm grip with the thumb and forefinger resting on the grip panels. I bring my left hand up cupped as support. My left thumb is under my right thumb and pointing at the target. The fingers of my left hand wrap around the lower three fingers of my right hand.

To change mags, I keep the pistol on target and release mag with my left thumb as I'm reaching for the next mag. After inserting mag, my left hand goes back to the support position. With a bit of practice I am able to do this rather quickly while keeping the weapon on target.

I can operate the mag release on my CZ-P01 with one hand. I prefer to use the above method, since I carry my CZ82 most of the time and that's how I trained...

I was taught to:  focus on the target as you draw your weapon. Once you weapon is pointed at your target look at your sights. They should be right on or pretty close. If not, you may not be holding the weapon correctly or the weapon is not suited for your hand...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 11:55:41 AM by czcarry »

Offline Stringfellow

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 04:06:46 AM »
I had a set of thin grips made up by a company called Grand Blue, out of Thailand, for about $35.  They turned out better than I imagined, but I had to wait like 3 months for them.  They measure right around 1.05" across the grips.

I ended up buying a Kahr for CC, and really don't need the thin grips anymore.  I might be tempted to let them go if someone wants them...   ::)

Well-armed liberal

Offline felix

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 10:51:35 AM »
"String" - It's been a while but was wondering if you still had the thin grips available for sale?
Love to play with fast women, sharp knives & loud guns, if the wife says it's okay....

anything