Author Topic: Canik Shoot  (Read 5073 times)

Offline Spad2008

• veteran
Canik Shoot
« on: October 17, 2011, 01:34:18 AM »
Haven't been able to go shooting for a few months. Had some problems with a disc in my neck. So the other day went to the canyon and took some 9mm pistols with me, one being the Canik. (others, CZ-PO-1, Taurus PT111)Shot the daylights out of it without a problem. Pistol is breaking in just fine. Nice handling, glad I did some work on it as suggested by others in the forum here. Looks like they are not being imported right now.  Great forum we have. Spad :)
Colts
Rugers
CZ's
Caniks
FN,Rock Islands etc....

Offline lytninbug

Re: Canik Shoot
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 02:08:55 AM »
spad2008, any picture of your handgun, i'm not familiar with this brand. is this made in turkey? i recall seeing one at our local gunshow a few months back. they cost twice as much against my norinco 85b but much cheaper than the cz brand.  the one that i saw is all stainless steel, standard and compact version if i recall correctly.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 02:36:51 PM »
is this made in turkey?

Yes

Quote from: lytninbug link=topic43092.msg243731#msg243731 date=1318831735
  the one that i saw is all stainless steel, standard and compact version if i recall correctly.

Frames are Aluminum (Aluminium), the rest Steel, Blued or Satin Industrial Hard Chrome.

These have been discussed before:  http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=40301.0
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 02:42:27 PM by jwc007 »
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline taphius

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 08:26:37 PM »
Haven't been able to go shooting for a few months. Had some problems with a disc in my neck. So the other day went to the canyon and took some 9mm pistols with me, one being the Canik. (others, CZ-PO-1, Taurus PT111)Shot the daylights out of it without a problem. Pistol is breaking in just fine. Nice handling, glad I did some work on it as suggested by others in the forum here. Looks like they are not being imported right now.  Great forum we have. Spad :)

Did you end up replacing the recoil spring with a heavier one? Thinking about doing it to mine. Sad to hear they arent being imported at the moment great feeling gun and a very nice trigger once broken in.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 01:27:02 AM »
Canik USA is not importing anymore guns. They could not come to an agreement for importation/selling. Not sure what will be up with support.

Offline Spad2008

• veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 02:44:21 AM »
Tap, I did mods on my slide stop. Check my posts and you will come across lot info from others and pictures. Most Caniks didn't seem to have a slide stop problem, but some did,mine being one. Pretty easy to fix. No spring changes on my mine it is good to go as it is... Maybe someone will start bringing them in again. They are like a light weight CZ 75. Nice pistol I really like it. Spad
Colts
Rugers
CZ's
Caniks
FN,Rock Islands etc....

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 10:54:17 AM »
Just sent an email of to Dean (importer) and will post any replies.
, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 01:02:52 PM »
"I'm looking into alternatives. I can still get the pistols it's just not profitable at current pricing.

Dean"
, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Offline taphius

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 10:52:47 PM »
Really liking my canik the more i shoot it. Gave it a bit of a trigger job this weekend and ran it through a two gun shoot yesterday night. Ran flawless again, at around 450 rounds through it total now with zero issues. Well one issue, my grips cracked so i got some wood ones from ebay for $32 shipped.

Offline Spad2008

• veteran
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 01:25:56 AM »
Wood grips look nice...What kind of a trigger job did you do? Spad
Colts
Rugers
CZ's
Caniks
FN,Rock Islands etc....

Offline taphius

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 11:28:48 PM »
Just took my dremel to all contact points with a felt wheel and changed the angle a bit on the sear with a file. Waiting on a hammer spring from wolf to get here so far so good!

Offline Spad2008

• veteran
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 03:36:47 AM »
What weight hammer spring are you going to try?Thanks for the felt tip etc. info...Spad
Colts
Rugers
CZ's
Caniks
FN,Rock Islands etc....

Offline taphius

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 08:15:15 AM »
I ordered a 15/16 for fullsize and 16/17 for compact since wolff says the new compacts take the full size hammer spring. We will see though!

Offline Spad2008

• veteran
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 12:46:07 AM »
Thank you, Bill
Colts
Rugers
CZ's
Caniks
FN,Rock Islands etc....

Offline taphius

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 02:56:15 AM »
Canik takes the compact recoil spring and full size hammer spring FYI.

new spring lowered DA pull quite a bit, atleast by finger feel, range report next week to see if 15lb ends up with any light strikes, kinda want to try a 13lbish hammer spring if i can find one....

Trigger is quite a bit better feeling than my 85b, smoother and much better reset (damn you firing block safety)

anything