Author Topic: Phantom Range Day  (Read 2599 times)

Offline Teczas

Phantom Range Day
« on: November 01, 2011, 07:33:39 PM »
Finally got to the range with my Phantom.  200 rounds without a failure however had about 3 occurrences where the slide did not lock back after  the last round.  I didn't notice if it happened with a particular mag or if maybe I was riding the slide with my thumb.  I'll pay better attention next time.

Gotta say I loved the accuracy.  I thought my PCR was accurate but the Phantom rocks.  I shot 50 rounds DA from 1/2 cock then 100 SA and the final 50 DA again.  This target is the first 10 rounds shot SA at 21 ft.  Awesome for me. 

The trigger really cleaned up a lot.  I got a good feel for the trigger shooting so many rounds DA and actually thew up some good groups with the last 50 DA rounds.  I really wanted to buy a Shadow (maybe next year) but for financial reasons settled for the Phantom.  I was afraid I would be disappointed but must say I am extremely pleased so far.  Can't wait to shoot again !

If anyone asks, I don't own any guns.  None zip, zero, nada.

Offline no51

Re: Phantom Range Day
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 10:59:00 PM »
those are terrible groups, 60 inches :o
glad you're enjoying your phantom as much as im enjoying mine. does your DA pull (still) feel gritty?

Offline Stuart

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 11:11:12 PM »
Nice shooting!

Offline Teczas

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 08:02:23 PM »
I wouldn't really call it gritty, it's just a long pull and takes quite a bit of force.  With the shorter pull from 1/2 cock it's not so bad and it has improved quite a bit after shooting the 200 rounds.  I will say that it's is really consistent so it's easy to adapt to the DA.  I have a lighter mainspring I'll probably put in it after I get another 500 rounds through it.  So far I'm lovin it.

Offline kobus

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 09:25:41 AM »
maybe one day i'll own a phantom and/or a shadow  :'(  nice shooting.  great pistol  ;)
guns don't kill people. NINJAS kill people.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 09:40:25 AM »
Well done, the Phantom IS an awesome sidearm, ain't it?  8)

Offline Teczas

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 09:41:18 PM »
Agree.     Normally I am not a big fan of poly frame guns but from what I've seen so far I think the Phantom is way underrated.   I am really surprised they are not more popular.  Especially when you consider the price I think they are an excellent value.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 01:57:08 PM »
I think the unspoken consensus is they are too big to carry, so they are relegated to home, range, and open uniform carry here in the States. theye were designed as a military issue general purpose sidearm, and have been adopted by at least one country so far.  ;) 8)
Thing is, with the standard 16 round CZ mag in it, it conceals just fine under a loose t-shirt in AZ heat, very easy to carry sidearm with the right holster and belt.

Loic

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 02:15:43 PM »
Talking about holster, I can't wait to get mine from highnoon...it takes forever.....but it should be nice !

Sent from my EVO 3 D using Tapatalk

Offline Teczas

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 07:42:02 PM »
Took my Texas CHL qualifier with my Phantom yesterday and scored a perfect 250.  I'm no dead eye but the Phantom sure is making me look good.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 09:47:33 PM »
I feel exactly the same way. When people tell me "good shooting", I say it's all the gun. 8)

Offline sfrenchy

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 03:33:19 PM »
The Phantom seems to shoot great. I have the 75B (9MM) and am still trying to get better groups. What's the opinion out there on 75B vs Phantom's real world accuracy? It seems to me the 75 could use a better trigger pull?

Offline Stuart

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 03:35:05 PM »
The Phantom seems to shoot great. I have the 75B (9MM) and am still trying to get better groups. What's the opinion out there on 75B vs Phantom's real world accuracy? It seems to me the 75 could use a better trigger pull?

personal opinion..I find both guns very accurate. not one better than the other.
in general CZ triggers can be made a lot better.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 06:36:32 PM »
One indicator on real world accuracy and general good build is that it is replacing the CZ 82 pistols for the Czech military. :)

anything