Author Topic: BladeTech "Custom" Holster for P-01-Update w/Pics  (Read 6669 times)

Offline Czechplease

• tried normal....didn't take
BladeTech "Custom" Holster for P-01-Update w/Pics
« on: November 21, 2011, 03:56:33 PM »
So, I ordered a Kydex level 2 retention holster from BladeTech a little over 3 weeks ago.  BladeTech is all about being capable of making "custom" holsters and when I phoned in the order, I told them I needed it made for a Cz75 P-01 with a TLR-1 weaponlight attached.  I ordered it in "foliage green" with a thumbstrap and the "TecLoc" attachment base.  They promptly took my cc #...and my dollars.

The holster arrived this last Friday, pretty much within the 3 week delivery time promised.  It was foliage green...and had the TecLoc attachment...but that was about all that BladeTech had right.  The pistol fit (sort of) into the holster with the TLR-1 attached but....the only "retention" I could induce was to crank the bat piss out of the two compression bolts until the rubber inserts howled for mercy.  Kinda looks like an "all or nothing" approach.  If I lighten up on those bolts, the pistol just drops out of the upturned holster.  (I know...I know....don't go upside down, right?)  The real downside to this issue is that it negates the truly cool design feature of being able to secure the thumb strap out of the way when not in use and just go to a level 1 retention mode. 

The second WTH? with the holster is the fact that apparently, no one at BladeTech even bothered to TRY to fit a P-01 into the thing before sending it out, 'cuz if they had, they'd have seen that the provided thumb strap doesn't even get HALFWAY across the rear of the pistol, much less get close to the snap!!!!!  Since this is the OTHER half of the Level 2 retention....I'm wondering what BladeTech uses as their actual retention level guidelines.

Upon careful inspection, it's clear that I paid for a "custom" holster but was sent....and I'm guessing here, one for another make/model of pistol.  I dealt with this on a $19 Fobus....I do NOT think I should have to settle in a similar fashion on a holster that costs five times as much and is touted as being "custom" for a specific pistol.

I called BladeTech this morning and described the "issues" I had with my "custom" holster. (no yelling...no bitching)  I was told that a "Tech" couldn't be found for me to speak with, and was then asked for my phone #.  The call ended with the person at BladeTech telling me, "We'll have a Tech call you and see if we have a mold for that model and arrange for a return."   

WHAT THE HELL?!?

I just spent the last 3 weeks waiting for the "custom" holster I ordered....and BladeTech spent the last 3 weeks using MY money and now they're going to...SEE IF THEY HAVE A MOLD FOR THAT MODEL?!?!?!  If they didn't already know whether or not they "had a mold for that model"....they had no business committing to delivering me a holster made specifically for my model of pistol/light combination and, more importantly, taking my money until they DID know.

As of this moment, I'm still waiting for someone at that company to call me back, as promised, to discuss the problem with my order.  I'm hoping that the business day doesn't end with me still waiting.

In business, mistakes get made.  The expediency and definitiveness of how those mistakes are handled are how I measure a company.

I'll post updates on their handling of this. 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 01:23:16 PM by Czechplease »

Offline Czechplease

Re: Blade Tech "Custom" Holster for P-01
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 04:25:16 PM »
Update....

So I got a return call from BladeTech a few minutes ago.  The young lady asked me if I "carried the pistol cocked and locked."  I said, um...it's a P-01, you CAN'T carry it that way.  She then asked me if I could e-mail her a picture of my pistol with the light attached.  I told her I would....as soon as I got off work.  She said she was sending out a return label and as soon as they got the picture of the pistol with the light attached, they'd get the correct holster made.

uh........WOW!

Offline Canuck44

Re: BladeTech "Custom" Holster for P-01
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 05:18:05 PM »
Blade Tech will make it right.  Mistakes happen.  It is what a company does after they make a mistake that is important.   I have, I think, nine of their holsters now for my various pistols and one on order for my M&P Pro.  Good product, good people to deal with.

Take Care

Bob
Je Suis Charlie

th3ug1y0n3

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 07:51:55 PM »
Blade Tech will make it right.  Mistakes happen.  It is what a company does after they make a mistake that is important.   I have, I think, nine of their holsters now for my various pistols and one on order for my M&P Pro.  Good product, good people to deal with.

Take Care

Bob
+1  They have been a pleasure to deal with for me.

Offline Czechplease

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 08:16:45 PM »

Take Care

Bob

Uh.....yeah, that's why I had the following in my original thread..."In business, mistakes get made.  The expediency and definitiveness of how those mistakes are handled are how I measure a company."

What's troubling me most at this point, is not that I don't think BT will "make it right"....eventually, but rather the clear indication that they were in NO WAY prepared to offer a "custom" holster for my pistol/light combination (hence the "we'll see if we have the correct mold" statement AFTER I received their product).  Either that, or someone failed to do their homework on the weapon/light platform and just cranked out a "close enough" holster to send me.  Perhaps the classification "custom" is used a little to liberally by companies these days?

I'm not writing BT off at this point, just saying this experience has been about as far from ordering a "specific model pistol/light holster" as I could have imagined.  The follow-up question about carrying the P-01 "cocked and locked" isn't real confidence inspiring either I must say!

I'll send off the pic as requested by BT and see where it goes from there.  I HOPE to report that they did the right thing and were actually able to construct a custom holster for the P-01/TLR-1...and then sent it to me ASAP, thanking me for my understanding.

BTW- No one from BT has said anything near...."We apologize for the inconvenience"

Offline Czechplease

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 02:37:41 PM »
Update....(and yes, I say that out loud like "Tourette's Guy" each time)

I just got a call from a BladeTech Rep named Aaron.  Friendly and seemed interested in resolving my order issue.

He asked that I e-mail him the photos taken last night of the pistol w/light mounted, as well as the one I took showing the thumb strap being too short.  He explained that the way BT made the holster is to use an SP-01 and then "shorten accordingly".  That would indicate that I will likely need to crank on the rubber grommets for the first level of retention.  Oh well, as long as the little bolts don't pull out of the sockets or the sockets don't pull out of the Kydex.

He said that rather than just send out a longer thumb strap, they'd rather have me send back the holster so they can avoid any further fit issues.  (I was glad to hear him say that as it points to them wanting to get this right.)

I'm just waiting now for the return label e-mail and I'll be sending the holster back.  Aaron promised me a one week turnaround so that's another positive.

Update(s) to follow.

When I get this thing back....and it's right....I'll post up pics (after someone explains how) showing the thing mounted to a Tactical Tailor MAV and also a TT  thigh rig.

Offline Czechplease

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 03:58:46 PM »
Update....

Here's the e-mail from Tara at BT.  Looks like they're working to fix this.

Attached is a UPS return label for you to ship the incorrect holster back to us. I will get a new order in the system today and have it shipped out right away. If our Tech has any questions I will have him give you a call. I am very sorry for the inconvenience, I am trying my best to figure out what went wrong here, and am trying to go through all possibilities. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

TARA STEWART

Customer Service

BLADE-TECHâ„¢

Offline CPTKILLER

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 05:16:04 PM »
The suppliers all need to read Steve Jobs Pillars for Business Wisdom.  It pretty obvious that too many companies don't.

The Six Pillars are:
1) Craft, above all
2) Empathy with consumers
3) Focus
4) Impute
5) Friendliness
6) Find simplicity

Offline Will_Power

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 02:52:33 AM »
Good to see they are trying to make this right. I'll be watching with interest to see how this all shakes out.

Offline Czechplease

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 02:34:34 PM »
Update...(sort of)

Holster and pics went out UPS on Wednesday.  BT e-mailed me a return shipping label so obviously, they covered the return shipping cost which was nice.  Eagerly awaiting the "fixed" holster's return.

I'll post up when it arrives.

Offline jollymon32

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 06:30:55 PM »
Never had anything but positive experiences with Bladetech. 

I have one of these retention holsters and you cannot carry the firearm cocked and locked.  That was the nature of the question.  That the young lady did not know you cannot carry a P-01 cocked and locked is irrelevant - I own a CZ and I did not know that.  They make hundreds of holsters for hundreds of firearms, unless you are a CZ aficionado, you would not know that as well.  Most likely, a tech asked her to get that information.

Your posts strikes me as an attempt at rabble rousing....

Offline Czechplease

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 12:29:26 PM »
Your posts strikes me as an attempt at rabble rousing....

Um.......your "opinion" was not sought, but....I'll play. 

This thread was put up here because those of us who own P-01's have lived in a world devoid of ANY tactical holster variant that would allow us to carry our pistols with our chosen weaponlight attached.  I had made the decision to have one made, and wanted to let OTHER P-01 OWNERS (which you appear NOT to be) know how the holster turned out.  When problems became part of the custom holster experience, I decided to let OTHER P-01 OWNERS know how the interactions with the company were progressing, how they resolved the issue(s), and....how the holster eventually turned out.

Just because YOU didn't know a P-01 is incapable of being carried cocked and locked, does NOT mean that no one should know that.  Certainly, a company that offers "custom" holsters for specific model firearms should know the basics of each firearm they agree to build a holster for.  Interesting that the BT Technician I'm working with AGREED that that question should never have been asked by the young lady who asked it.  His words were, "yeah, that doesn't look good".....hence.....no, a "tech" did NOT ask her to get that information.  He ALSO stated that BT was in the process of refining how issues with orders will be handled.  He indicated that BT realized they had an information relay deficiency which would quickly be rectified.

Now, if I may....please allow my thread to return to its true purpose, that of reporting MY experience with the only available tactical, weaponlight-mounted P-01 holster available.  (at least that I've ever found) 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 07:04:27 PM by Czechplease »

Offline jollymon32

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 08:31:38 PM »
Thanks for playing.  My opinion continues to indicate rabble rousing.  The same disguised pattern of using the Internet as a tool against the manufacturer to attempt to affect the outcome of the situation.  Nothing wrong with that if you have a manufacturer that is not responding; but that is not and was never the case here, yet the disparaging started early in your post.

Yes it is my opinion and yes I understand that you give it about as much worth as I give you credibility.

Offline Czechplease

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 09:20:21 PM »
Yes it is my opinion and yes I understand that you give it about as much worth as I give you credibility.
Fair enough....now, since you obviously take issue with my thread, I will politely ask you to move on.  There are undoubtedly some P-01 owners on here that are watching from the shadows, hoping for the conclusion and the follow up report that may decide whether or not they invest in such a holster from BT.  Hey, here's an idea....start a thread of your own highlighting the great experience(s) you've had with BT. 

I hope to be able to post a positive outcome to my experience with BT as well.

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 01:09:00 AM »
I love Blade Tech holsters.

I never needed a custom one made but if I did and got the result you described, I too would be a bit pizzed off. I don't have any lights or lasers on my P-01 nor do I carry it in a Blade tech. I am however intersted in how this turns out and have been one of the side line spectators you mentioned. 

In my opinion, and I do act as a moderator on more then one other interner board, I see no rabble rousing. I see a very thoughough report of an experiance that is relivant to the heading, the board and a particular item of interest to the members. I consider rabble rousing when there is a cry to "all write our unhappiness" or "ban together and boycott"

Blade Tech has a wonderful product. If they have customer service to match, then cool on them. If they send a custom holster that they never even put a like model of the gun they sold it for in, then that is just not right. If they fix it good on them. If not, well lets hope they do!

Just my opinion while we are bantering opinions about.

RCG
........Its that you shoot!

anything