Author Topic: failure to return to battery...  (Read 921 times)

Offline hskrvern

failure to return to battery...
« on: December 17, 2011, 06:13:28 PM »
I thought I'd gotten myself a winner but unfortunetly my compact 40 is a dud.  I had my new compact 40 occasionally function correctly (maybe once or twice a mag) and the rest were failed to battery that a smack to the mag well fixed.  I was using Cz mags (new just busted out of the box) and HPR 180gr fmj, Federal Tac Bonded 165gr ammo.  I had a buddy fire the pistol and it did the same thing for him also so I know it wasn't just me.  I've also searched a bit and found that this was a fairly common problem that was either fixed by a installing a heavier recoil spring (found one instance of a 20lb spring) or that the locking lugs were improperly chamfered.  I have a picture that i'll post up in a bit when my camera is charged showing the position of the round in the chamber when the slide doesn't return to battery.  Any one else ever had this problem? 

Offline NFH

Re: failure to return to battery...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 07:19:16 PM »
Was your gun in new/unfired condition? If so it could just be that it needs a break in period.  Just a thought....

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 07:41:20 PM »
Another known problem with the Compact .40 was the mags.  This may be one of the few times you will ever see this on this forum, but the Promag mags are better in the Compact .40 than the CZ/Mecgar.  If you insert a full size Mecgar/CZ mag, however, it will function flawlessly.

Offline hskrvern

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 09:55:46 AM »
Finally.called.CzUsa.and.narrowed.it.down.to.a.overly.stiff.extractor.spring.runs.everything.great.now.....Only.if.I.could.just.get.a.new.keyboard.since.my.space.bar.broke