Author Topic: ****Classifieds Rules**** UPDATED 05/22/12  (Read 11075 times)

Online Grendel

• Administrator
  • Fascinating
****Classifieds Rules**** UPDATED 05/22/12
« on: November 26, 2011, 02:41:02 PM »
Thanks for using the Classifieds. Please keep the following things in mind when posting an item.

-Please start your title in the subject line with WTS (Want to Sell), WTT (Want to Trade) or WTB (Want to Buy).

-Do not place classified ads that are in fact any of the following: auctions; games of chance (including raffles); promotional offers, general advertisements for unrelated goods and/or services; and solicitations for the purposes of appraisal.  Any person or business entity who posts an advertisement or offer of the type listed above shall be subject to a permanent ban.

-You must post a price for the item(s) if you are selling. We do not allow ads that amount to a 'bidding war'.

-Please include your location in your post if you are selling firearms or items that may be restricted in another state.   

-Multiple ads are not allowed. You may have one active 'WTS/WTT' and one active 'WTB' at a time. If you are selling multiple items, combine them into one ad rather than posting them individually. Multiple separate ads have the effect of bumping everyone else's classified down the page which is unfair to the other members.

For instance:

'WTS: CZ 97 Grips $50

CZ75b SS Guide rod $45

Fobus holster (RH) for CZ82 $25

All prices include shipping.'

-You may bump your ad to the top (BTT) once every 24 hours.

-When your item is sold, please come back and edit your post to replace the WTS, WTT, or WTB with SOLD or SPF. This will help us delete old posts and keep bandwidth down to a minimum.

-You are responsible for making sure that all State and Federal laws/rules are adhered to when making a sale or transfer.  The NRA website is very helpful in this regard.

-Do not add "notices" in the individual boards to the classifieds if you have something to sell.

-We are on an honor system here.  In other words, we are dealing with friends and fellow CZ enthusiasts.  If small retailers wish to post classified ads here, we also expect them to follow the spirit of these rules and policies.

-Ads are for selling, buying, or trading, not for discussing the items, asking questions, complaints, bidding wars, or counter ads. Do your research before you buy or sell. PM or e mail the seller to get your questions answered, don't do it in the ad. If you think the item is too expensive, too inexpensive, or anything else, don't buy it and keep your opinions to yourself.

-Ads that do not conform to these simple rules will be locked or deleted without notice.

Problems with individual buyers or sellers should be addressed offline with the board staff.

After all that....and most importantly....... Thanks for visiting  :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:29:41 PM by Widge »
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Online Grendel

• Administrator
  • Fascinating
ONE 'WTS/WTT' AND ONE 'WTB' AD PER MEMBER ONLY!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 02:05:53 PM »
Combine your ads if you have multiple items to sell or they will be deleted on sight.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 03:38:33 PM by Widge »

Online Grendel

• Administrator
  • Fascinating
Re: ****Classifieds Rules****
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 01:26:07 AM »
Recently, there have been a number of ads posted by newly joined members, some even being the first, and so far, only, post. While we appreciate that this opens up chances to purchase items for the existing membership, it is also important to realize that this board is not a 'poor man's Gunbroker'. Nor is it simply a place for people to unload their items, never to be heard of again. It is a community for enthusiasts, primarily of the CZ firearm, but also for those who simply enjoy the shooting disciplines for their own sake.

Therefore, the Owners and Management of the board have decided that with immediate effect from 0001 CT on 5/22/12:

The use of the Classifieds to sell (or trade) items is restricted to members with a post count of 25 or greater. Any new WTS or WTT ads posted by members with a post count of less than 25 will be deleted on sight.

Thank you for your co-operation
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 06:09:47 PM by Widge »