Author Topic: Wobbly  (Read 4595 times)

Offline sfrenchy

Wobbly
« on: November 29, 2011, 09:43:45 PM »
Hey Wobbly....Was in Oroville Ca. today by chance and went by the RCBS Main Store......Started talking to a "salesman" there and couldn't leave without buying a couple of their "seconds". Walked out with a Rock Chucker kit and a Media seperator for less than any on-line prices I could find (minus any ship costs). As soon as I get some dies and  shell holders. I'll be on my way. I can't say enough about what a great company RCBS is.....Stay tuned..Thanks for all your help...I'll need more

Offline painter

Re: Wobbly
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 09:47:27 PM »
I was really pleased with their customer service too.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 10:19:55 PM »
My first press was RCBS green, and after dealing with RCBS customer service a few times, I think all of my presses will be RCBS green. :) Great outfit.

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 12:46:32 PM »
I started on a Rock Chucker in the late 70's myself. Those are great machines. With a monthly lube job you'll be giving that thing to your grand-children.

I agree with the thoughts on RCBS CS. My son bought a RCBS kinetic hammer years ago to take a part some old WWII ammo someone gave him. He screwed the cap on too tight and it busted in half. While I was on the phone with RCBS one day I mentioned the busted cap. Thought for sure they'd say, 'Well, you know it's plastic and only $15. We can sell you a new hammer.'  But they didn't !!  :o  They sent a new cap free of charge. I was floored !!

In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 01:02:50 PM »
They've sent me parts for a press that I didn't pay for - it was a gift, and they insisted on replacing some small items, no charge. When I asked the lady at CS why, she said, "It says RCBS on the side." That's when I told her, "Ma'am, my next press will also say RCBS on the side!"

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 01:37:26 PM »
When I asked the lady at CS why, she said, "It says RCBS on the side."

That settles it. I'm getting my wife a tattoo on her side that says "RCBS".

I'll tell her it stands for "Rub, Cuddle, and a Bunch of other Stuff".  :D

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 08:44:58 PM »
A tattoo that shows brand loyalty? Hows about THIS one? :D

Offline sfrenchy

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 08:51:35 PM »
Is that YOUR arm? Add the 2nd amendment on the other arm and your THERE.....

Offline painter

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 08:53:13 PM »
A tattoo that shows brand loyalty? Hows about THIS one? :D

The gauntlet has been thrown... ;D
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 08:55:38 PM »
Wife's calf, actually. ;)

Mrs Armoredman

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 11:47:26 PM »
  How's that for brand loyality?  8)

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 12:43:38 PM »
That is a great Tat...............

I am a big fan of RCBS also. The dies are second to no ones and the Rock Chucker can make bullets for decades. Once you learn what works best for you, you will spend a lot of time infront of that little green machine. The only thing I don't like about the Rock Chucker is the spent primer system, which is just a little inconvienance at times.

I will de pirime and size about 500 and put them on a gallon baggy. Then I change dies and prime and bell that 500 and put them in a small bucket under my bench. then I clean and get another 500 ready to de prime and then I add powder and finish the bullets on as many of the 500 I have ready to go as I have time for that day. I just keep doing that so I always have a bunch of shells in every stage of the process. It works great for me. sometimes the buckets gets up to 1000 in it but I still always keep the front end filled too. When I take them out of the bucket and make bullets I can do about 200 - 300 per hour. Thats a nice pace. The machine is solid. It stays true through a very lot of pulls.

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 12:55:14 PM »
I am a big fan of RCBS also. The dies are second to none and the Rock Chucker can make bullets for decades.  The only thing I don't like about the Rock Chucker is the spent primer system, which is just a little inconvenience at times.

The handling of spent primers is slightly dated. Newer designs, like the Redding presses, send it all down through the center of the ram where it spills into a tube connected directly to a sealed container. All the smut and grunge, as well as the old primer, are collected in a tidy and hygienic manner. Plus, without all the grunge, the press and work area stays cleaner. That's the only thing I can fault the Rock Chucker on, and that's a personal preference more than anything.

Good find! Congrats.  ;)

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 01:05:00 PM »
Was in Oroville Ca. today by chance and went by the RCBS Main Store......Started talking to a "salesman" there and couldn't leave without buying a couple of their "seconds". Walked out with a Rock Chucker kit for less than any on-line prices I could find.

You know, reselling those yourself could net you some extra spending cash. Just $25 per week ends up being in excess of $1250 per year. Put in perspective, that's ~41,000 free primers. And you'd be helping out some of your buddies here on the Forum.

Hmmmmm.  ;)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 06:23:29 PM »
That's a thought. I agree the spent primer system on my 1981 RCBS RS means about 1 in every 15 hits the floor, stopping everything for a dead primer search. Oh well. Discovered it works better with the priming arm removed, just need to build a chute from thin plastic that will slide in that spot.

anything