Author Topic: CZ 75 B Polished Stainless  (Read 17261 times)

Offline billt

CZ 75 B Polished Stainless
« on: December 19, 2011, 01:51:22 PM »

This past Thursday I was at Cabela's roaming around, picking up some .45 ACP ammo they had on sale for $14.99 a box. I was walking the length of the gun counter, checking out if they had anything new, when on the bottom shelf this beautiful polished Stainless Steel CZ 75B jumped out at me. I've been looking for one in polished Stainless for several months, but had no luck finding one. All of the shops I called sang the same song. CZ produces very few of them in polished Stainless, and if they get any they don't last long.

I asked the clerk to see it, and he told me it was the only one they got in. I couldn't get my money out fast enough! What was really nice is it has the high grade Cocobolo Grips. Most of the Stainless 75's come with checkered rubber grips. These are beautiful, and really add to the beauty of the gun. Between the polished Stainless Steel, and the grips, it's pimped just enough. I like the CZ 75 because it's built like a tank. The rails inside the frame really makes for a nice slide to frame fit. The sights are fixed, standard 3-Dot.

This gun was the cover story in the September 2011 issue of Guns Magazine. And after reading it I really wanted to get my hands on one.

http://fmgpublications.ipaperus.com/FMGPublications/GUNS/GUNS0911/

Even the gun they featured in the magazine didn't have the Cocobolo Grips, so I got lucky. They really make the gun. The only downside I could find are the magazines are really expensive. They supply 2 with the gun, but extra 16 round factory mags run $51.00 each. And that is dealer price from Midway. Even the Mec-Gar 16 rounders are $38.00 each. Being solid steel it's a bit heavy for a full size 9 MM, but it's strictly a range gun, and I doubt I'll ever carry it. The only downside to polished Stainless is that it shows every smudge and fingerprint. But a wipe down with a soft cloth makes it brilliant enough to cause a car accident if you carried it on a sunny day! Christmas came a few days early!

Offline bozwell

Re: CZ 75 B Polished Stainless
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 02:11:32 PM »
That's a really sharp looking gun!   Congratulations on the new purchase!  Let us know how it shoots. :)

Offline 75Plus

• +12
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 06:37:50 PM »

Hi Bill and welcome to the forum. You are looking in the wrong places for magazines. You can find MecGars here at sensible prices.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=97_130

You might also find this post of interest.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=25806.0

Joe
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 06:43:10 PM by 75Plus »
“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.”
George Washington

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Offline billt

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 07:15:11 PM »
Thanks much for the link! I purchased 20 round Mec-Gar magazines for my Beretta 92 F, and they feed flawlessly.

Offline tekarra

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 09:10:38 PM »
Hello billt, welcome to the forum and congrats on your new cZ.

Offline towboater

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 11:29:47 PM »
That's a purdy CZ. welcome to the CZ Forum.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 06:42:04 AM by towboater »

Offline viking499

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 11:36:25 PM »
Welcome.  That sure is a sharp looking gun.  Nice score!

Offline ncbubba

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 07:13:40 AM »
  I was perfectly happy with my rubber grips-way they looked & felt when shooting. Now you've given me the serious wants by showing the coco bolo grips on the pistol (to lay a guilt trip on you!). You can be proud of that one.  :)     Regards, G>M>F>
Always drink upstream from the herd

Offline billt

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 08:56:11 AM »
There is no question the rubber grips are more durable, as well as practical than fancy Cocobolo wood. Especially in going with the lower maintenance, and better corrosion resistance of Stainless Steel. My gun just happened to have these grips. In fact, I've never seen a polished Stainless CZ 75 from the factory with these kind of grips installed. So while they certainly help make the gun from an appearance standpoint, the rubber grips would be much more useful if the weapon was to be used for everyday carry. My gun will be strictly a range weapon, so the fancy grips will not be an issue from a wear standpoint. In that regard I was glad it came with them.

Offline 75Plus

• +12
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 10:58:16 AM »
Bill, have you looked under the foam to see if you might also have a set of plastic grips? I bought my polished SS in Dec. of 08 and it came with both sets. Bought mine from Cabela's also.

Joe
“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.”
George Washington

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Offline Gman56

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 11:39:11 AM »
I like the rubber grips that were on my matte ss 75. They seem to grip you better.I have kingwood hogue grips on her now. Like them too.

Offline billt

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 12:06:32 PM »
Bill, have you looked under the foam to see if you might also have a set of plastic grips? I bought my polished SS in Dec. of 08 and it came with both sets. Bought mine from Cabela's also.

Joe

You had me excited there for a minute! I checked, and no. But I did find a warranty registration card, along with a nice computer generated replica of a test target, showing the point of impact of 5 rounds. It included the make and model of my gun, serial number, along with each bullet impact, and average bullet impact. It also showed the aiming point, along with the type of ammunition fired, (Seller & Bellot). Kind of nice when your gun is equipped with fixed sights. I just never get tired of looking at this thing!

Offline Johnnie F.

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 09:56:11 PM »
billt, congrats on that very nice looking stainless 75. I love the look of the wood grips.

I just bought a SP01 and it has those soft rubber grips on it - they are really nice, just the right durometer to be grippy yet firm. But since yours is a range gun only then keep those nice wood grips on there. If you get tired of them you can always swap them out for the rubber, right?
Johnnie F. - recovering Statist
----------------------------------------------
Have you read TheTruthAboutGuns.com today?

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 01:22:23 AM »
BEAUTIFUL
I love the frame style
Wood grips are nice to dress them up in, but I always use rubber when I shoot
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline Jsunn

• Jason's Photos
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2011, 02:36:06 PM »
I got a matt stainless and really wanted a polished. So a lot of elbow grease and sand paper, I now have a polished stainless.  O0

I also had Stuart do a trigger job and it came out awesome. Enjoy your new "toy".

Jason
http://jsunn.zenfolio.com

CZ SP-01 Tactical - CZ 75B Stainless Steel - CZ P-01 9mm - Beretta 92A1 - XDs 9mm