Author Topic: Night sights?  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Landlover

Night sights?
« on: December 24, 2011, 01:59:20 AM »
Has anyone added the plastic night sights or steel fiber optic sights available from the CZ shop? If so, how did you like them? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a set but wish they were steel for that price. I just got done painting the plastic sight that came with it with glow in the dark paint and it is much better but would still rather have tritium.  The paint I used was from Glow Inc. It was the ultra green v10 paint and cost $15 w/shipping. I will be able to do a LOT of guns with it. It glows really well but you have to charge with a light source so it glows.

Offline Josh Ramsey

Re: Night sights?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 04:25:43 AM »
I have FO sights and they are quite nice and easy to see.

Rob says they should have the tritium one's available before long

Here are mine

I actually just swapped the rear red tubes for green and I like it alot

Offline coolbox

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 04:55:40 AM »
I would always go for tritium, even if plastic, for my carry weapon.
If it is for range, definitely all metal solid plain black rear, FO front if IPSC/IDPA and plain black front for bulls eye.

@Josh Ramsey
Is Rob getting metal or the standard plastic ones?
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull

Offline Landlover

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 07:38:33 AM »
This pistol is my carry gun, so hopefully they will get some steel tritium in soon? I'm not too fond of the plastic sight that it came with but it is MUCH better now that I painted it. I like the three dot system much better than the goal post looking rear sight.

@ Josh

Did you send your slide in and have them install yours? In looking at the web site, I couldn't tell which sight I needed to order. The factory sight was right on but I couldn't figure out what size they are. I assume the #'s they give on the web site for the different sizes are for height? I think I read somewhere that when you take the front sight off, the height # is on the bottom of the sight.

Offline coolbox

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 08:49:47 AM »
LOL on goal post!

I prefer metal too, but if not available, plastic tritiums would do. I had these paints on one of my CZ clones (Canik55 Shark compact), and the original tritiums on my P01. They are a world apart. Wait till you get your Tritiums.

The sight height is mentioned below the front sight, mine I checked was #1. Need #3, as gun is shooting 4" higher @25mtrs.

Duty Rear FO sight
http://czcustom.com/p07fiberopticsight.aspx

Duty Front FO sight
http://czcustom.com/CZ-Fiber-Optic-Front-Sight-5.75mm-with-1.0mm-FibreRod.aspx
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 08:55:08 AM by coolbox »
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull

Offline Josh Ramsey

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 11:48:08 AM »
I would always go for tritium, even if plastic, for my carry weapon.
If it is for range, definitely all metal solid plain black rear, FO front if IPSC/IDPA and plain black front for bulls eye.

@Josh Ramsey
Is Rob getting metal or the standard plastic ones?

Metal, much like the one's for the compact/PCR.

It is the tactical, just sent to Trujicon to have the tubes installed.

I am holding out for them as I am not a huge fan of the painted ones.

I wish TruGlo would start to make the TFO sights for CZ, I am thinking about trying to put their filaments in one of my CZ's if I can get one close to the size I need

Offline Josh Ramsey

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 11:50:33 AM »
This pistol is my carry gun, so hopefully they will get some steel tritium in soon? I'm not too fond of the plastic sight that it came with but it is MUCH better now that I painted it. I like the three dot system much better than the goal post looking rear sight.

@ Josh

Did you send your slide in and have them install yours? In looking at the web site, I couldn't tell which sight I needed to order. The factory sight was right on but I couldn't figure out what size they are. I assume the #'s they give on the web site for the different sizes are for height? I think I read somewhere that when you take the front sight off, the height # is on the bottom of the sight.

I live 5 minutes from the shop so I am there weekly, but any local gunsmith can quickly do it for you.

If you have the needed tools it is fairly easy to do, but one must be careful.