Author Topic: Removing rear sight of RAMI B  (Read 736 times)

Offline jnug

Removing rear sight of RAMI B
« on: April 07, 2012, 12:04:26 PM »
This is a question for guys that have removed the adjustable rear sight on the RAMI B. Looking at the top of the sight, there appears to be something that looks like it might be a set screw that sits close to the front edge of the rear sight but I really cannot tell if that is what it is.

Anybody know if that is actually a set screw or not. Trying to understand if that rear sight should just be driven out with a brass punch or if there is actually a set screw there that must be removed.

Thanks in advance.

Offline sultan62

Re: Removing rear sight of RAMI B
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 10:52:54 PM »
Sorry for the resurrection, but the question had not been answered elsewhere that I saw.  I can answer this question because, as I was cleaning my RAMI today after a range session, I realized that the rear sight was loose, and I have no idea where the screw is.   >:(

There is a small divot in the top of the slide underneath the cut for the slide that the set screw fits into, and the screw should be loosened to remove the rear sight.

Offline AdesteAnimo

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 08:09:39 AM »
I have a RAMI BD, after shooting it yesterday I too noticed my rear night sight is loose, tiny play from side to side. There is a tiny hole towards the front of the sight, however it is so small I cannot see a screw. I was thinking it could be a retaining pin however the sight is windage adjustable, so I was again erring to a screw. I looked at the exploded view in the manual and they do refer to a sight screw, however I do not think it is in reference directly to the night sight but more generic. I went to my range and looked at their RAMI B with the adjustable sites and it looks like there is also a small hole at the front of the sight retaining the sight assembly, however there is also a larger screw for height adjustment towards the rear side of the sight.

Can anyone source from experience, or looking at their RAMI, clarify if the hole towards the front of their rear sight has a tiny screw that fits into it or clarify if that is a push pin? I am thinking (hoping) possibly a screw, if there is one, that popped out. This would keep me from having to disassemble the slide to get at the pin.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 09:14:01 AM by AdesteAnimo »

Offline dbkarbo

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 11:49:49 AM »
I had the same problem with mine-loose rear sight that would move a little bit from side to side.  I went to Walmart and bought a cheap set of allen wrenches.  They came on a ring with about 10 different sizes.  I think they cost about $1.50.  One of the smaller ones fit, and I just tightened it up. I can't tell you the size however, because there is none on it.  I then went through my supplies and I found another one that was in a ziplock bag.  It may have even came with the gun, I don't remember.  The small wrenches will work though.