Author Topic: vz-58 receiver  (Read 2249 times)

Offline clevor

vz-58 receiver
« on: May 20, 2012, 10:22:18 PM »
To the group,
the only mfgs of vz-58 receivers that I can find are AWO and Ckeckzpoint(pardon the spelling). Are their any others.

Offline Simper

• I love my VZ58
Re: vz-58 receiver
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 10:58:09 PM »
If you mean ORF and Czechpoint. Then yes. There is a company that makes a receiver for Century, but it is just for them. The others are partials.
"I changed my car horn to gun shot sounds . . .

People move out of the way much faster now."

Offline clevor

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 11:56:05 AM »
When you say partial, do you mean the receiver is unfinished (AKA 80% as some are sold)?

Offline Simper

• I love my VZ58
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 12:30:15 PM »
Yes, you can get a 80% from here:

http://www.hellboxarmory.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=HBA&Category_Code=VZ58

Not much of a price difference for a lot of work.

Offline clevor

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 05:34:57 PM »
i've seen that and it looks like a bandaid. Don't want to go that route. I would rather have something that looks factory. I measured my barrel diameter last night and got .826". Does that limit me on which company i go with.

Offline Simper

• I love my VZ58
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 05:47:03 PM »
I believe both of the Czechpoint and ORF are that size. It would be great for someone else to confirm this.

Offline LOW50S

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 06:30:20 PM »
Yes the ORF receiver from AWO comes in .826 thats what my barrel is, and I ordered from AWO and thats the size I just got last week. its a nice receiver. but plan on spending some time cleaning up all the holes from milling process. took about 20 min or so to clean everything out very well. but I could have been going slow. they were very fast on the shipping took about 3 days to get to my FFL

Offline clevor

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 10:03:40 PM »
 i was under the impression that the barrel should be a press fit. moreso than an ak barrel and trunion cosidering the size of the ak barrel pin (9mm) versus a cz barrell pin(.125"?). What i'm saying is the AK seems to relie more on the pin than on the press to keep the gun together. I purchased a vz receiver stub and it measures .824. that is a .002 press fit with my barrel. So a vz relies more on the press than the pin to hold things together. Looking at your previous post I understand you to say the barrel diameter is the same as  the receiver bore. That would be a slip fit when assembled and and I don't think the barrel pin would hold it together. Am I wrong on this assumption. I just don't want to pay alot of money for the receiver and it not work.

Offline LOW50S

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 07:24:07 AM »
it still is a press fit. I can not slide it togeather by hand. I will still have to press it all togeahter. but thats just me.

Offline Varickm

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 03:15:17 PM »
Ohio Ordnance.

anything