Author Topic: EAA Sarsilmaz SAR K2 Review  (Read 100147 times)

Offline Aiden528

Re: EAA Sarsilmaz SAR K2 Review
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2012, 06:23:42 PM »
Has anyone heard if or when the 9mm or 10mm will be available?
"There is nothing more elusive than an obvious fact" ~ Sherlock Holmes

Offline Gary1911A1

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, 08:09:03 AM »
Has anyone heard if or when the 9mm or 10mm will be available?

There is a article in the current Combat Handguns on the K2 in 9MM with a picture on the cover. Haven't read the article yet, but it gives me hope the 10MM won't be far behind, but a brief look through shows no mention of the 10MM.

Offline Aiden528

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2012, 04:53:20 PM »
There is an SAR/EAA pistol on the cover of the September 2012 issue but it's not the K2. That's the ST10 which is a 9mm clone of the H&K USP. The EAA website lists both the 10mm and 9mm available but none of the dealers I have talked to have one available.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2013, 01:11:12 AM »
Down the Financial Road, I plan to get one ASAP!

That time I wrote of has come. Paid $600 for a K2-45 today.  My waiting period is up next Tuesday.  Will post pics and a Range Report at a later time in a separate thread.  No spare magazine with it, so I will be on the hunt for magazines.

Edit Note:  Just placed and order for five K2-45 Magazines from GrabAGun.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 02:47:38 AM by jwc007 »
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline ZTATactical

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2013, 09:57:42 AM »
You should be able to find the mags readily available.  Let me know if you can't and maybe I can point you in the right direction.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 10:22:33 AM by ZTATactical »

Offline JimThornTX

• It ain't easy being green.
    • Texas State Rifle Association
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2013, 10:02:54 AM »
That time I wrote of has come. Paid $600 for a K2-45 today.

Congrats!

Sad how much these have gone up in price lately. Before the panic buying started you could get these from Bud's for less than $500.  :-\
CZ 52
CZ 82
CZ 83 Satin Nickel
CZ 75 P-01 ODG
CZ 75 P-06
CZ 612 HD

Offline Aiden528

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2013, 12:54:40 PM »
I recently found one at my LGS, and it was priced at $700. I was very impressed at the fit and finish. I thought it was a little heavy for EDC, though as a base gun for a competition pistol I think it has possibilities.

Still hoping to someday see one in 9mm or 10mm.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2013, 07:44:08 PM »
I recently found one at my LGS, and it was priced at $700. I was very impressed at the fit and finish. I thought it was a little heavy for EDC, though as a base gun for a competition pistol I think it has possibilities.

$700 ?! Ouch!  Paid $600 for mine, which I have now taken delivery on.  My 5 spare Magazines from Grabagun have arrived also.  Hope to make it to the Range sometime this weekend and will have pics up soon, in a separate thread.

I'm also very very impressed with the fit and finish.  Also, the Tagua open top holster for the H&K USP .45 is a very good fit for it.  Have to wear it in a little.

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Brian Ahearn

• Easton Firearms Refinishing
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2013, 09:55:56 PM »
Yeah unfortunately the gun buying panic has raised the price on this pistol ,I got mine about 9 months ago cost me $462.00 and got 6 spare mags on grab a gun for $23.98 a piece try finding mags now. Ps I just cerakoted mine tonight I have run out of examples of my work to show people when they stop in  the shop so I needed to coat some guns and have them on hand. Its now Stone gray and Mcmillian grey  two tone . It should get reassemble over the weekend,I will put up some pics. Brian /EFR
Easton Firearms Refinishing Owner/Operator
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline FloridaCracker

EAA Sarsilmaz SAR K2 Review
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2013, 08:43:09 PM »

Still hoping to someday see one in 9mm or 10mm.

Davidson's has it online but currently out of stock.
http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=400426&mfg=SAR&mdl=All&cat=All&type=All&cal=All&fin=&sit=&zipcode=33327

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I’m consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry. - Barack Obama, 2004
South Floridians, stops paying too much for guns and ammo: http://groupbuybulkammo.com

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2013, 01:44:38 AM »
Davidson's has it online but currently out of stock.
http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=400426&mfg=SAR&mdl=All&cat=All&type=All&cal=All&fin=&sit=&zipcode=33327

Interesting! My SAR K2-45 came from Davidsons.  MSRP is now $660.

Buds has them now at $671 or so.  http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_231/products_id/411551900

Glad I snagged mine now.  At $700, I would not have sprung for it.

Kind of a bad time to be in the market for any firearm.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 01:52:45 AM by jwc007 »

Offline Aiden528

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2013, 12:11:10 PM »
Was at the Lansing MI gun show yesterday and saw ONE K2 retailing for.......$799.00!!! Sorry even if it was the 10mm variant I could not justify that. I 'm not blaming EAA but rather the gun dealers who are gouging customers because they know people are paranoid enough to spend that much.

Offline 87CZ75

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2013, 08:14:11 PM »
I have one on hold at work in .45.  $529, tax free. :D
Czechnology Collector

Offline Brian Ahearn

• Easton Firearms Refinishing
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2013, 07:19:56 AM »
Unfortunately this price gouging is going to continue until the gun buying public indicates that they have had enough and stop buying. I have chosen to not participate in it and only buying what I absolutely need, I also stocked up heavily on ammo right after the presidents re-election because he had previously made his stance gun control evident in his first term. The recent tragedies have fueled the fire and the gun industry is reaping the profits. As long as the buying frenzy is sustained by shooting enthusiasts the inflated prices will remain. Some buyers will take it out on the worst price gougers when this is over,I am sure of that. To date I see no evidence that this is subsiding my firearm transfers are up 100 percent from last year and customer's are still ordering $1900 to $2500 AR 15's and $400 to $600 AR lowers. Supply is now low so if you can find a good deal on a Sar K2 or CZ clone you may as well just snap it up while you can. At $700 and up its pricey consider I got mine jsut about 7 to 9 months ago for $462 with free shipping.
Easton Firearms Refinishing Owner/Operator
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline 87CZ75

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2013, 03:54:16 PM »
Yeah, the firearms industry itself is not a problem atm so much as the retailers are.  As a goverment employee selling guns, I get markup %'s that are set in stone, so we don't have to worry about gouging at my facility.  That said, more often then not, anything that we actually can get restocked is coming in at the same price as before the crazyness began, and in some cases for even less.  All of the price inflation is coming from the retailers trying to take advantage of the frenzy.  We saw, maybe, a $50 markup on a couple of bushmaster rifles we got in, and thats the worst thing I've seen at our location as far as prices going up, and thats because the distributer bumped their prices a little since availability was so low.  I am really looking forward to things getting back to normal, as much as they can.  Here's to hoping all these pointless and illogical bits of legislation get shot down and people regain their senses a bit.
Czechnology Collector

anything