Author Topic: CZ steel compact  (Read 1204 times)

Unregistered(d)

CZ steel compact
« on: November 16, 2002, 08:48:24 PM »
I have the CZ bug.  I admit it.  "My name is Joe, and I have not had a CZ in several days" (the assemblage applauds).  Is there a program for this?  A clinic?  A center?  Has Robert Downey Jr. been there, and done this?  Without getting too specific, I am getting more of a CZ collection than I intended.  Had my dealer order a PCR, then a P-01, on top of what I already had.  A steel-framed Compact came in by mistake (uh, the PCR has Novak-style sights, double slide serrations, and loaded chamber indicator, I think, and the grip frame isn't iron).  
Well, these guys order for me, and they sell at gun shows, so they're certainly not stuck with the gun.  Heck, they can send it back.  But the steel-framed gun has some advantages, too.  And it feels GOOD, no less than the P-01 or PCR.  And it needs a home.  It looks lonely.  And it goes cocked and locked (one moment a good thing, the next unimportant, depending on which CZ is in my hand at the time).  I'm certainly old enough that the 1911 cocked and locked thing feels normal. Well, I have a couple of non-CZ items that need new homes, and next thing I know I have a Compact.  ALL the CZ's are really nice.  I haven't met one I didn't like yet.  I need to purge the address of this forum.  You guys are responsible for fueling my addiction.  There must be a six-step program, a detox, counseling center...

Offline CZNE

CZ steel compact
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2002, 09:48:27 AM »
There are far worse things to be addicted to than CZ firearms.  For one thing they are a good value, for another they are a great firearm and finally they have the best forum. :)  

I've have a PCR and a Compact at the moment, I wouldn't part with the PCR, I might sell the Compact if I could hold my money together but only to buy either a 97 or 85.  There ya go, others have the same problem.

Offline seadog

CZ steel compact
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2002, 11:43:58 AM »
I don't like composite/plastic guns.  Never have.  Don't have any science or statistics to back me up.  And I know my sentiments are in the minority, judging by marketing trends in firearms.  I don't like the way they feel in my hands, I don't like the way they jump around when I fire them.  I own Colt .45 w/ wooden grip inserts that my uncle had before he was killed in 'Nam 1968; S & W 640-1; Ruger Redhawk .44, and my Compact 9 mm. My favorite rifle is iron sight 30-06 Remington 760 pump that I swear is magical, because I have literally never missed a shot with that weapon in 15 years, deer, boar, groundhogs, distances from 50 yards to 200 +.  It's a heavy mother, but I love it.

I've shot dozens of very fine pistols, and I just favor the steel ones.  To each their own, I suppose.

seadog

Offline Old Coastie

CZ steel compact
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2003, 08:45:16 PM »
seadog,

Know what you mean. I never liked the plastic guns. Wouldn't have one. Then I handled a CZ100. Now I have two, one in each caliber. Second best feeling pistol I've ever handled. Try one or both. you might just change your mind.

Mike
Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not really after you!

Offline kahrpacker

CZ steel compact
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2003, 12:59:42 PM »
My 97B, my Tanfoglio 10mm Compact and my Llama Mini-Max Sub-compact .45 are absolutely my favorite weapons. All are steel.  I just ain't ready for plastic pistols yet.  I don't think the weight trade-off is worth it.

If God had meant pistols to be plastic, he would have had man discover plastic before he discovered steel, right? ;<)

Bren  

anything