Author Topic: Why no single stack CZs?  (Read 1451 times)

DrZerox

Why no single stack CZs?
« on: February 06, 2003, 08:54:05 PM »
Why doesn't CZ make some single stacks?  I love everythings about these guns except the thick stocks.  S&W at least gives users a choice of single or double stack widths.  

The whole double stack thing doesn't make a lot of sense at this point.  The Compact in particular would be a much better concealed carry gun if it were thinner.  You can't get the high cap mags (unless you can find the few out there and pay $50 a pop for them) so the whole purpose of the fat grip is negated.

The 75 Compact, and 83 would both be better guns if they were modified to hold fewer rounds, in my opinion.

Any chance CZ might do this?   I'd love a 83 single stack in 9mmMak.     Hell even the great 97b might be nicer as a 7 or 8 shot instead of a 10!

Dr-Zero

Why no single stack CZs?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 11:29:27 AM »
I reposted this in the board for the CZ pocket pistols too.  There is some discussion on that thread. :)

Unregistered(d)

Why no single stack CZs?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 01:13:29 PM »
No offense intended or flames sent your way. K?  But why limit the capacity to a much smaller quantity by changing an already successful design?  Many feel the CZ and BHP are very close in feel in the hands.  I agree, they are among the most comfy guns known anywhere.
Why change the design that is the second most copied gun in the world?  Its gotta have some merit and strengths based on that evidence alone.

Dr-Zero

Why no single stack CZs?
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2003, 04:08:31 PM »
Certainly not a topic to flame over, I agree.   What is the BHP?  Sorry I don't know the acronym.   Obviously a lot of people like the current size/shape/capacity.  I'm not suggesting it be abandoned, only that an additional choice be made for those of us who like 'skinnier' guns.   I don't think it needs to be throughout the range, only for the smallest guns in the range that have concealment as a part of their mission.  For these I think the combination of lighter weight, thinner profile making it easier to hide, and smaller grip making it fit small hands better would be a winning combination.  I realize some people will still prefer thicker and higher capacity, but those are available now, and presumably would be even after a single stack is introduced.  The basic 75b will continue to be the gold standard in a full size service pistol in 9mm with it's large capacity.

Offline ZKK602

Why no single stack CZs?
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2003, 07:40:43 PM »
BHP = Browning High Power.

With the current configuration of the CZ75 having the slide inside guide rails, the '75 will never be as skinny as some other options.  That being said, it could be skinnier and therefore more concealable with a single stack mag.

anything